12/7/16

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 12~7~2016


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
In a dying world, there exists an ancient legend: when the world ends, the gateway to paradise will be opened. This utopia is the sole salvation for the remnants of life in this barren land, but the legend also dictates that only wolves can find their way to this mythical realm. Though long thought to be extinct, wolves still exist and live amongst humans, disguising themselves through elaborate illusions. 

A lone wolf named Kiba finds himself drawn by an intoxicating scent to Freeze City, an impoverished town under the rule of the callous Lord Orkham. Here, Kiba discovers that wolves Hige, Tsume, and Toboe have been drawn in by the same aroma. By following the fragrance of "Lunar Flowers," said to be the key to opening the door to their ideal world, the wolves set off on a journey across desolate landscapes and crumbling cities to find their legendary promised land. However, they are not the only ones seeking paradise, and those with more sinister intentions will do anything in their power to reach it first.




My review!!!


The Anime can be watched on AnimeSeason 



Here is the summery that they provide...

Summary

In some distant future, it's common knowledge that all wolves have been extinct for 200 years. However, it seems this is false as wolves have not disappeared but rather have taken human form. Kiba, a lone wolf, wanders into a city, trying to sniff out the Lunar Flowers that are supposed to lead whoever follows the scent to paradise. The source of the smell is Cheza, a girl who sleeps in what appears to be suspended animation in a lab. She and the wolves are drawn to each other, and Kiba hopes to find paradise once he finds the source of the scent of Lunar Flowers. However, once Kiba finds Cheza, she is kidnapped by a mysterious person called Darcia, and his search begins anew. Before he leaves the city, he meets 3 other wolves, Tsume, Hige and Toboe. All four wolves have very different personalities and ideas, and their friendliness towards each other is a little rough around the edges. However, they soon band together to continue to search for paradise.

There are bits and pieces that we can put together with these two summaries...

Here we have our main characters... I'm not going to go into detail about them... But there really isn't much to tell by the 5th episode so it isn't like I'm trying to hide anything.


If I remember right then I can at least tell you the meanings of their names...

Kiba: Fang
Tsume: Claw
Hige: whiskers
Toboe: Howling

They each have a back story from what I can tell... If you plan on watching this one I recommend that you watch it on the Flash Player version whenever possible. Episode two is a bit behind with the subs on the other player but the second option is cut short... The first option catches up with itself.. Or it could have just been my luck to get a bad connection.

So far from what I have seen this one is a mystery right up until episode 5... We have no idea where paradise is, how to find it, why wolves were thought to be extinct... Then there are side mysteries... Like why the guy with the black dog and gun hunts them... Something about revenge... And just who the heck is the lab lady really??? 

That isn't where the questions end either... I'm sure that more will surface in time too... I don't know how they managed to get so many questions to fit so nicely together in such a short amount of episodes but they did it! Best part is I didn't even list all the ones I have after only 5 episodes...

So basically if you like mysteries and questions in your anime this one is for you!

But now to rate it!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
6
.
.
.
I know... with the high praise I gave for the questions I bet you are wondering why I only gave it a 5? Well... That's easy... It felt like there were too many questions and no answers coming to light. If they had answered even one question within the 5 episodes I watched I would have marked it higher... But as it is I could only wonder if I would ever get answers... I got frustrated at not knowing anything for sure... If this kind of thing wouldn't bother you then your rating would be closer to an 8 I'd say.

At any rate... This is one you would have to watch to see if you can stand the questioning atmosphere or not... I couldn't do it... If you can then maybe you could let me know if it is worth watching more of it??? I would really appreciate it if you would do that!!!

Anyhow I think I'll end this review here... Hope it was helpful!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Have a furry fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment