2/8/17

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 2~8~2017


Spotlight Review

.

.


Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
.
Manga
.
Synopsis
.
.
Japanese-American track-and-field star Mizuki has gotten herself to transfer to a high school in Japan...but not just any school! To be close to her idol, high jumper Izumi Sano, she's going to an all-guys' high school...and disguising herself as a boy! But as fate would have it, they're more than classmates...they're roommates! Now, Mizuki must keep her secret in the classroom, the locker room, and her own bedroom. And her classmates—and the school nurse—must cope with a new transfer student who may make them question their own orientation...

My review!!!

The manga this week can be found on MangaPark...

MangaPark: Hana Kimi Manga


Here is what MangaPark had to say about it...

Japanese-American Mizuki has gotten herself into a high school in Japan... but not just any school! To be close to her idol, high jumper Izumi Sano, she's going to an all-guys' high school... and disguising herself as a boy! But as fate would have it, they're more than classmates... they're roommates! Now, Mizuki must keep her secret in the classroom, the locker room, and her own bedroom. And her classmates--and the school doctor--must cope with a new transfer student who may make them question their own orientation...

So this one is very much like "Boy of the Female Wolf" which was a little bit surprising to me... It doesn't have the same story line just the same situation... Kinda... This girl is not doing the whole cross-dress as guy because of the same reason... Our dear Mizuki is at this school to see the High Jumper she idolizes in person! Boy does this "Girl" stir up trouble too... Yeah I did that on purpose!

As you can see from the summaries she makes a few people question what gender they really like... They don't know she is a girl so they think they have started to "become gay" and are not sure what to do or how to act! We all know there is no "becoming gay"... You either are or you aren't... But I guess these poor boys didn't get that memo... I feel bad for them that they are getting caught up in her lie.

I feel like this manga moves slow but not in a bad way... I really have no idea how the story will develop at the moment but I didn't even realize I had gotten to chapter 5 already. It is one of those manga that you can read for hours and it doesn't feel like it because the story, characters, and art are so captivating that you get lost in it all.

It seems they made it into a live action too... Look...


Those are the actors chosen for each role... I am soooo going to watch it! What do you think.... Did they choose the right actors and actresses for each character???

I think with rating the actors and actresses appearance in mind we should also rate the manga now!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "perfect-must-read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
7
.
.
.
Sad but true... It got a 7 because I don't have any idea what is going on in the manga even after 5 chapters... Its good... It's fun to read and look at but there seems to be no real direction yet... I'm sure there is one but I'm missing it... I can't tell if this is a love story or if it is a story of a girl idolizing a guy and trying to help them get back on their feet... Maybe it is a bit of both... But either way I am not sure about it so I can't give it a higher rank. This doesn't mean I'm not interested though... On the contrary... I reallllllly wanna know where it is going so I will be reading all of it that I can find!

I think you should do the same... This is one interesting story to me!
I'm going to end the review here I think... I wanna get back to reading so I can figure this out!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Have an interesting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment