7/12/17

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 7~12~2017


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Manga
.
Synopsis
.
.
It's the start of high school, and bookworm Kako decides to "produce" her country bumpkin childhood friend, Kousei, so that he can become a good-looking and popular school idol. She models him after Lawrence, a character in a manga she likes, but as Kousei's transformation becomes a huge success and he extends his new character beyond what she asks for, what will Kako do? Will she find herself left behind in the wake of his newly found popularity?



My review!!!

The manga this week could be read on Batoto...


Right from the start I liked this one! It reminds me a lot of Skip Beat! but not quite like it... The stories are totally different except that it has to do with being in showbiz... Even the reason they enter showbiz is different from Skip Beat. but it has the same get up and go get them type feel to it.

I'm happy there is no revenge plot too... I kind of like the I'll show you I'm better than you think I am feel to it... And yet Kousei seems to only be doing it for her... So that her eyes are only on him. Has it always been like that... He does say something like that so I think it has!

I've only read the first 5 chapter but I can tell I will probably be buying the manga to support the mangaka! If you want to do the same after you check it out on Batoto... Here is a link to the first volume!

Amazon: Mishounen Produce #1

I have no idea if you can find it in English or not but I don't care... I can read a little bit of Japanese so I think getting another set that is probably a bit easier to read would be a great idea to help me practice. Kanji is my sticking point... But if I work hard I can read the original work... That is how much I like this one!

Speaking of like... I should probably tell you the rating now...


On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
.
What can I say... I'm a sucker for this type of story... The showbiz setup is what draws me in I think... I went gaga over Skip Beat and absolutely crazy over Love Stage... So it only stands to reason that I would love this one too! I mean... Com on now... Just what about this type of series is there not to love?

Ever one that is set up like this has a few things in common... Well... That is to say... They do as far as I have seen. I could always be wrong but I'm gonna go with what I know. So anyhow... It seems like they all have some kind of rivalry, a little bit of love, and a secret of some kind.

Just what the doctor ordered for a good read! I would have given it a ten if I knew how it ended already or if I had read more of it to know if it went well... After all it can still go wrong... I've only just started reading it. And on that note... I am going to end this one here... I want to see how the next chapter goes! Hope I at least made you a little curious.

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a wonderfully romantic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment