9/13/17

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 9~13~2017


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
A super exciting action comedy starring the inmates and guards of the world's most formidable prison.

My review!!!


The Anime can be watched on both Crunchyroll and FUNimation

Crunchyroll: Nanbaka
FUNimation: Nanbaka

Ahhh where to begin with this one... First i suppose I will start with... I really didn't think it was anything special after the first episode... So be warned about that... Give it a minimum of 4 episodes. After the forth episode I was hooked!

So a little snippet for ya... It starts off seeming like the daily lives of prisoners who want to escape prison... And guards who are just not all there... I got a LOT of laughs out of it though! My son and I were having fun trying to figure out which of the four main prisoners was our favorite! 

It does turn out they all have interesting back stories though... and as the episodes go on we start to learn them... The 4th episode started the tournament scenes... and those lasted a while... Yeah I kinda watched a bit farther than 5... I wanted to know how the matches played out lol.

Well... I have to say it tugs at your heart a bit... Almost as much as it makes you laugh! By tug at your heart I don't mean the "I want to cry" type of tug... More like the "I feel bad for you" tugging you get when you empathize with a character. I really did feel bad for all the prisoners we learned back stories to... Especially the two who were experimented on. Yeah a little mad science goin on!


The above four are our prisoners... The picture is a little inaccurate from what I have seen so far... I've only seen their number on 25's tongue... 15 does have it on his cheek but 69 has it on his arm and 11 has one "1" on the back of each hand so I don't know why they all are on the tongue here... also 25's is a black line not a white glittery thing like there but everything else looks right. Although.... Those numbers in their mouth could also be candy.

It's hard to tell though... Oh and you will also notice that everything... And I mean EVERYTHING... from people to buildings and pets sparkle at random times! it's quite odd for a prison but it adds to the surprise factor I think.

Speaking of surprise... Want to know how surprised I was to give this rating...

On a scale of 1-10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
.
Yeah... The fact that I didn't want to stop watching to write this says a lot... the fact that I was this into it... Sooooo shocking... Especially since after the first episode I swore it was going to get like a 3 or something.

Anyhow... I really think this is one you should check out. It seems like it has a perfect balance going so far. I can't wait to see what happens next!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Have a friendly fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment