9/6/17

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 9~6~2017

 

Spotlight Review

.

.
Scum's wish
.
Manga
.
Synopsis
.
.
Seventeen-year-old Mugi Awaya and Hanabi Yasuraoka appear to be the ideal couple. They are both pretty popular, and they seem to suit each other well. However, outsiders don't know of the secret they share. Both Mugi and Hanabi have hopeless crushes on someone else, and they are only dating each other to soothe their loneliness. Mugi is in love with Akane Minagawa, a young teacher who used to be his home tutor. Hanabi is also in love with a teacher, a young man who has been a family friend since she was little. In each other, they find a place where they can grieve for the ones they cannot have, and they share physical intimacy driven by loneliness. Will things stay like this for them forever?


You can read the manga here...



My review!!!

So this one was not exactly an easy read... but not exactly a hard read either... I have to say I was very confused when Hanabi called her crush Onii-san because that is brother but the description clearly says family friend. I don't know which one is right at the moment though since it isn't cleared up in the first 5 chapters... So for arguments sake I am going to say they are both right... After all you can easily claim someone is family when you are really close to them! And when you do that you often call them by the new family name like Mother, Father, brother, or sister... Even sometimes aunty!!

So I am going to keep that in mind as I continue reading this little number! I'm also thinking of buying it to support the Mangaka! If that's something you're interested in then follow the link!!! Check it out....

Amazon: Scum's Wish

Barnes and Noble: Scum's Wish

It's kind of crazy... The idea they came up with to ease their loneliness is one I could see me doing if I was in their place! But even knowing that I feel kind of sad for them because I know they can't be happy with things how they are! I can't wait to read more and find out how it turns out... I hope they both either tell their crush how they feel or develop feelings for each other and work it out... I don't know what is in store for them but I'm excited to find out!!!

Speaking of finding out... I bet you want to find out how I rated this little gem!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
8
.
.
.
Yup... an 8! it has so much potential to be a long, twisted, confusing, emotional, fun and enjoyable manga if only it unfolds well... Because it has so many volumes I am going to risk it all and ASSUME that it did unfold well... Of course that also means I really need to read it to make sure I didn't risk it all for nothing!!! I am almost 100 percent sure it dud though so it is all good!

Anyway... If you have ever fallen in love with someone else and watched as they found happiness with another then I think this book will be an interesting read for you because they took the route that most people don't! I'm going to end this one on that note so you are left wondering what I mean!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a wonderfully romantic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment