12/20/17

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 12~20~2017


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
Fujiwara Naeka is a typical 17-year-old high school student. Or so we thought. She's really one of two surviving heirs of a tycoon who has the right to inherit his mass fortune when she turns 18 in half a year. Fubuki, a young and beautiful maid, and Kogarashi, a big burly maid guy with a mask, have been assigned to keep Naeka and her brother Kousuke safe from those who would plot their demise, and to steal the fortune she would inherit.


My review!!!


The Anime can be watched on AnimeSeason...

AnimeSeason: Kamen no Maid Guy




I so don't know where to even begin with this one... I feel like this is one that was made by mashing together the concepts of 3 possibly 4 other anime or anime concepts... I mean it wasn't bad but I just don't know how I feel about it. The concepts that were mixed were from anime that I both hated and loved so I don't know if I hate this, love this, or if I love-hate this!

First let me tell you what anime I loved that I feel it borrowed concepts from...

Bamboo Blade

It is litterally a kendo anime. I'm sure you wonder how I figure it borrowed from this one... Well our dear young lady is a kendo girl! She always says she lives by the blade. So it kinda feels like that was borrowed.

Hayate combat butler

The maids (both the male and female ones) are always fighting! This is true for both Hayate combat butler and for this one.

Now for the anime I hated that I feel like this borrowed from...

Ah, My Buddha!

Yeah... Perverted things galore in this one and I didn't like it because there was just too much. I'm not agents a little bit of perverted content at all but it can't take up most of the anime.... That maid guy is as perverted as the Buddha though and when he isn't being a pervert then some other student or even a thief is.... It was just too much in this one too.

The last concept is a bit more broad.... It isn't one that is really specific to one type... And truthfully it may be better to call it a plot than a concept.

A rich kid trying to get past obstacles or reach some goal in order to inherit a vast amount of wealth with or without a maid or butlers help.

Yup... that sounds more like a plot.

Now aside from Ah, My Buddha! I really liked the other anime... So for me, having those concepts being mashed together fit nicely. And if there hadn't been so much perverseness I think I would have even liked that part of it.

I have no idea if they will lessen the amount of perv content in each episode or not but I think if they do I would really enjoy the anime. So while we are on the topic of how much I like or dislike the anime I think I should show you my rating for this little mash-up...

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
6
.
.
.
I'm sorry but for me I couldn't give it more than a 6... I don't like tasteless perverted things... If you want to have it perverted then I'm cool with that as long as it is done tastefully. I've told you the basic feel to this one so I think I'll leave it at that... I don't want to give spoilers... I do think you should check it out for yourself since your tastes may be very different from mine!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a wonderfully mixed up day!

No comments:

Post a Comment