8/1/18

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 8~1~2018


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
Severe internet addiction has become an epidemic infecting the nation's youth, ultimately resulting in their extreme dependence on the world wide web. Those who are too far gone are enrolled at Elite Reeducation Academy in order to help them grow into successful adults. Hibiki is one such teenager who awakens in the facility unaware of how he came to be there. He learns from the head instructor that he was knocked out and brought to the school at his mother's behest, concerned with how belligerent her son was becoming as a result of his internet addiction.

Stuck in a place more akin to a prison than an academy, and with no escape from the abuses of the instructors, Hibiki decides to end his life by jumping from the roof. But as fate would have it, he meets a mysterious man named Shin who promises to give his life meaning..


My review!!!

The Anime can be watched on Crunchyroll...

I have to start with saying... Well played! I love the play on spelling with the title... Mirror image things have always been my favorite but especially with words. I think the only thing that would have made it better is if the letters were backwards like they would be if you held it up to a mirror!

Now onto the actual show... I was so confused at first because it was a place where kids were getting the crap kicked out of them by grown men... And even though I was so confused the story caught and held my attention to the point that I am on the 8th episode before even writing this. I still get confused sometimes but I have a basic idea of what it is that is going on... The "students" are as bad as the "teachers" when it comes to tests of loyalty and physical attacks on one another... This "school" is more like a "prison" than anything else! And the head instructor has a story all his own on how he got there!!!

But lets talk about why and how we got here... And we will start with a rating!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
.
Yup that's right... It got a 9. I have never been so happy to be so confused in my life... I think I would even be happy if there was no clarity at the end of the season.... And it would be one of those ones I put in a must watch for next season category... I really do enjoy this chaos because of how it's presented.

Anyhow... I think I'll end this here... Check it out to see what I'm talking about!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a confusingly fun and interesting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment