9/5/18

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 9~5~2018


Spotlight Review

.

.
Food Wars
.
Manga
.
Synopsis
.
.
Ever since he was a child, fifteen-year-old Souma Yukihira has helped his father by working as the sous chef in the restaurant his father runs and owns. Throughout the years, Souma developed a passion for entertaining his customers with his creative, skilled, and daring culinary creations. His dream is to someday own his family's restaurant as its head chef.


Yet when his father suddenly decides to close the restaurant to test his cooking abilities in restaurants around the world, he sends Souma to Tootsuki Culinary Academy, an elite cooking school where only 10 percent of the students graduate. The institution is famous for its "Shokugeki" or "food wars," where students face off in intense, high-stakes cooking showdowns.

As Souma and his new schoolmates struggle to survive the extreme lifestyle of Tootsuki, more and greater challenges await him, putting his years of learning under his father to the test.





My review!!!

The manga this week can be found on MangaPark...

MangaPark: Shokugeki no Souma

I always thought I was someone who liked odd things... This manga fits that description amazingly well! However I have had my head up in the clouds lately so that has made it kind of hard to concentrate on any manga or anime right now. I tried sitting down to read this at least 10 times and I finally managed it!

I have to say that the first chapter didn't really grab my attention though... I was quite sure that it was going to be some boring manga and I wouldn't read past what I had to for the review.

However, although it starts slow I have to say it got interesting after only a few chapters. I can't imagine what food combinations this kid is going to come up with... I mean... One of his was dried squid legs covered in peanut butter! Can you say YUCK much?!?!?!? But then there is one where it sounds like it would taste absolutely amazing!!!

I'm not going to tell you what it was that sounded so good because it really is the draw point... Finding out what combinations there are I mean. Speaking of finding out... Lets find out what I gave it for a rating... And why!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
8
.
.
.
I know I said I got into it and i only gave it an 8 but I don't think you understand how hard it is to chose the number ratings.... This one lost some of the rating because it started too slow for my taste... Then it lost a little more because of the fact that there were panels in some of the chapters that got confusing to me and for me that makes it hard to stay interested.

I do have to admit the art and story are good enough to keep me interested though.... I am going to enjoy reading this one slowly... You know... A chapter at a time here and there just to pass the time.

That's all I think I am going to say today...


As always... Thanx for reading my reviews!
Hope you have an amazing yummy and fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment