1/4/17

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 1~4~2017


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
Sorey is a human youth who grew up among the seraphim, spiritual beings not visible to humans. Sorey believes in the folklore that says "long ago, every human was able to see the seraphim" and dreams of unraveling the ancient mystery to make the world a place where people and seraphim can live together in peace.

One day, Sorey visits the human capital for the very first time. He becomes embroiled in an incident during which he pulls out a holy sword embedded in a rock and ends up becoming a Shepherd, one who casts away calamity from the world. He begins to realize the gravity of his mission, and his dream of coexistence between mankind and the seraphim becomes more intense—

And thus, the Shepherd embarks on an amazing journey with his companions.


My review!!!


The Anime can be watched on FUNimation


Here is the summery that they provide...


Story

Legends speak of the Shepherd, a savior who will bring
peace to the seraphim and human worlds. Sorey has spent
his life studying ancient books and exploring ruins
to learn more about the legendary savior. When he and his
seraphim companion Mikleo encounter a mysterious girl
in the ruins, the stories of the Shephard become
Sorey’s reality. Is he strong enough to take on the evil
Lord of Calamity?



OK... So now onto what I have to say right? The first thing I found out that I thought was interesting is that it's not an "X" at the end of the name... It's a symbol to stand for the word "cross" so that means the name is Tales of Zestiria the cross and when you look at it in the picture it kind of resembles a cross on it's side....kinda.

There are 13 episodes to this anime that I have found on FUNimation... The first of which is the only one you don't have to be a member to watch there. It's episode 0 instead of one and is considered a prequel I think... It gives a lot of facts that make the episode labeled 1 make sense in my opinion. I don't recommend not watching it if even if you don't consider it a part of the show.

Onto the show itself... I would say that it catches and holds onto you in the very first few episodes... I already had a favorite character by the 3rd episode... Actually I had 3 by then. This isn't usually the type I like to watch right now either... It is very much a fighting/magic/lore type of an anime and right now I'm more into the romance ones or girl power ones.... With that being said I was still captivated!

The are is amazing... I think they had help from computer animation to make it though... It is definitely not all drawn. Normally I feel that doing that takes away from the anime but in this one it fit really well. I feel like maybe they figured out the balance of anime to animation that works for this particular one. However I can't say it would work with the same ratio in another anime.

So big thumbs up there!!!

But now to rate it!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
.
From what I have seen the art is great, the story has substance, there's even a back story, and it has mystery to it too... I really can't see how you could go wrong... The only reason it didn't get the elusive 10 is because I haven't finished it yet to figure out if it has a good ending for the season or not. We never know if they are going to get more seasons so I just judge if it wasn't too big a cliffhanger.

Normally I finish them and it will be the same with this one...At this point if I think it is good I will usually give it a 10 even if I haven't seen the ending but the ending on this one is going to be huge... there is already so much to wrap up and I'm worried they won't be able to do it well.... That's what I meant by it had to have a good ending. I'll let you know someday I think!

I'm going to end it with that note... hope it made you at least a little curious!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Have an animated day!

P.S. UPDATE:  They didn't leave you with too big a cliffhanger but it definatly left room for a second season! I HOPE they do make one!

No comments:

Post a Comment