1/11/17

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 1~11~2017


Spotlight Review

.

.
House of the Sun
.
Manga
.
Synopsis
.
.
After her mother abandoned her and her father remarried, high schooler Mao Motomiya is left feeling like she doesn't have a place where she belongs. One night, her childhood friend Hiro Nakamura finds her in a shrine eating cheap convenience store food and offers to take her to a restaurant. Their subsequent heart to heart leads to Hiro suggesting that Mao move in with him.

To Hiro who has lived apart from his younger siblings all these years after their parents passed away, bringing his family back together in the once-lively Nakamura home begins with the first step of giving Mao a loving place to belong.

When Mao reluctantly accepts his invitation, she is surprised at how easy it is to settle in with her longtime friend. Now she must deal not only with mending her relationship with her father and helping the oldest Nakamura brother attain his goal, but also her growing feelings for Hiro.


My review!!!

The manga this week could be read on MangaPark..


This story starts out kind of on the sad side and up till chapter 5 it sort of has a sad not to it... That isn't the only emotion it has though. In such a short amount of chapters I have smiled and laughed and also felt like I wanted to hug the characters to make them feel better!

Mao is really the a unique girl... Her misfortune is the first we see... Then when she gets a bit older she starts writing something known as a cellphone novel. It is based on her life but no one really knows it's her... and to add to it all the other person in the novel is also a part of her life... the reason I bring that up is because they actually read the novel but don't know she is the writer!

As we read this manga we are following this person's life and getting to know her... She has quite a few things to learn as she grows up! To me this isn't just a slice of life manga, it's also a coming of age story... One where a girl learns who she really is and a boy finds himself again... There are hints that the other family members will be coming home... Or at least that is the goal for these young ones... So I can't wait to see what happens next! I really think it's got a great story going early on so if they continue on at this rate then it is going to be a major hit with me!

So here is what I rate it at...

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
8
.
.
.
I think that I gave it only an 8 because I can see so many places the Mangaka could have brought this manga... and I don't know yet which way they went with it... It has the potential to be an amazing manga and it also has the potential to be a disaster on paper! I can't wait to find out what one it will be!

Not only that but I can't wait to see if there is also hidden romance.. There has already been family drama and reunions... Also there has been secrets and misunderstandings... Now I'm sure you are starting to see why I said it could go either way right?

I'll leave you with that to think about... I hope you at least want to know a little more about it!
If so then my review was a success!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Have a lovingly wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment