5/9/18

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 5~9~2018


Spotlight Review

.

.

.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
Another One Room series telling "another story" featuring male characters




My review!!!


You can find this anime on...

Crunchyroll: Room Mate

So as you can tell we don't have much of a synopsis.... Have you ever heard of the anime OneRoom? No?? Let me start with that...

The first thing you need to know... is that OneRoom is a first-person anime"... OneRoom is about as close as we're going to get (for now) to being part of an actual anime series. The mini-anime, made up of four-minute episodes, puts the viewer at the center of day-to-day romance comedy with their three cute female neighbors. It's probably such short episodes because it is hard to make you a part of a conversation or interaction for longer than that.

But OneRoom only addressed those who are interested in having a relationship with girls... Now enters Room Mate! Same theory different gender! This one is three young boys and your not just their neighbor... Again it is short though.

I guess until they make them in VR style we can expect it to be short... I think this anime set is the start to that actually... If they have it set in VR then what you actually look at or touch matters... Not only that but you could choose a response to the questions instead of just having an awkward pause.

I have to admit I kinda wanna see it go in that direction though. I would love to feel like I'm part of some of these anime... Though I suppose at that point it would be more like a game than an anime... oh well... I can dream right?

But for this anime I've only these episodes to work with so lets rate this gem...

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
6
.
.
.
What can I say... The silent pauses got to me... What if I wasn't thinking the response the animator thought I would have? Then the next thing they say doesn't fit my train of thought... Which killed it even more. It's not a bad idea if you go into it telling yourself not to respond or you might get disappointed... But for me that disappointment was a bit too much to give it a great rating.

This review is just as short as those episodes! Sorry about that everyone but it is really hard to think of things to say when the material is a total of 20 minutes combined for all 5 episodes. That's usually the length of one episode! Well it's been fun but that's all I've got for now! Catch ya later!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have an interactive and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment