5/23/18

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 5~23~2018


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.

.
Lovedol, or Lovely Idol, is a girl group consisting of two generations of idols. The 3rd Generation is about to make its debut, but to their surprise, they have been delayed! The vague reason is only that "they lack something." The manager, and the 3rd Gen. girls too, must find the answer.




My review!!!

You can find this anime on...

AnimeSeason: Lovedol: Lovely Idol

I have to say one thing right away... It is done in an older art style... That being said I feel it is done really nicely. There are some that are done good enough that the older art style is nice but some that absolutely get butchered... This one was thankfully not butchered. Now for the story...

I think it is an approach to an idol anime that I haven't seen often... Even though we are following the idols we are also following the manager. I feel like most idol anime or manga I've seen always focus on the idols and whoever they are around but if they aren't around them we don't see anything about them... In this one we actually see the manager struggling to find the missing links that are needed for his idol group to debut.

Speaking of debut... Let's debut the rating shall we?

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
7
.
.
.
I don't know about all of you but I personally love idol anime and manga... It's fun because for me it brings me into a world that I have no chance of entering any other way... Let's face it... Not everyone can be an idol! But when I read or watch something like this I get brought into that world... I get so engrossed in the work that I can actually convince myself I'm really living as one of the idols I'm watching or reading about.... But this only happens if the story is a good one. This one isn't good enough to get me so engrossed I feel like I'm there but it is good enough to get me a little caught up in the moment.

Even though it has the older art style it is pleasing to the eye... But like all the older art style ones there are points where it feels like it is a picture to music or words instead of an actual anime. For the most part this doesn't cause a problem but occasionally it will distract me enough that I lose that "I'm this idol" feel I love getting so much. As for how I think it will go... I don't see this being the make or break point for me on this one because everything connects well enough that I don't feel like it isn't fun to watch.

With all that being said I think I'll end this review here... Check it out and let me know if you share my opinion or if you think I got it totally wrong! I look forward to chatting with you all in the comments!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a day-dreamy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment