5/2/18

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 5~2~2018


Spotlight Review

.

.
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
.
Manga
.
Synopsis
.
.
Shirayuki is Tanbarun's friendly neighborhood herbalist, whose unique red hair ends up drawing unwanted attention from the vain prince of Tanbarun, Raji Shenazard. Faced with the unattractive proposition to become his concubine, Shirayuki chops off her hair and flees the country overnight. In her journey deep into the forest, she encounters Zen Wistalia, the prince of the neighboring country of Clarines. When Zen takes a bite out of a poisoned apple that Prince Raji sends in order to recapture Shirayuki, she expertly uses the herbs at her disposal to cure him.

Together with Zen and his two friends, Kiki and Mitsuhide, Shirayuki travels to Clarines, where she aims to make a life for herself as an apothecary of the royal court. As Zen slowly begins to mean more to her than the prince of her new country, the two of them must learn to work together toward their respective dreams despite the difference in status.

My review!!!

You can read the manga here...


I'm sure you are thinking about how I already covered this title... And you would normally be right... Except the other one was the Anime and this is the manga. Though there are not many differences I can say there are some.

I don't believe the changes are noticeable in the first 5 chapters though... I have read everything available on MangaPark though so I can say the anime basically follows the manga. If you don't like watching anime but like reading manga then this is a good option for you since it will allow you to know what any friends who have only watched the anime are talking about.... And you can sometimes surprise them by knowing more details about it than they do!

So I would say it is worth checking out... But if you are one of those people who, like me, read and watch anything to do with a title you like... I would say that you should give it a little time before reading it because you will feel like you know exactly what will happen next... and while you won't be completely wrong... I have found that when I read something and feel that way I tend to skip parts and then later I find out I missed some important detail because I thought it was another thing that was going to happen... You just are too familiar with the story to be objective!

Speaking of objective... Here's my completely objective rating!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
.
Based on the art style and the fact I love the story I had to give it a 9... It just never fails to catch and hold me... I had a day where I only planned to read a few chapters and it ended up that I was still reading three hours past when I wanted to stop... I take a while to read them because I am studying all the art too... I love to draw so I get caught up with that sometimes. But over all I have to say that everything is there... This story is a complete package! 

That's all I have to say about that!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment