7/4/18

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 7~4~2018


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
Reeling from his crushing defeat at the Grand Prix Finale, Yuuri Katsuki, once Japan's most promising figure skater, returns to his family home to assess his options for the future. At age 23, Yuuri's window for success in skating is closing rapidly, and his love of pork cutlets and aptitude for gaining weight are not helping either.

However, Yuuri finds himself in the spotlight when a video of him performing a routine previously executed by five-time world champion, Victor Nikiforov, suddenly goes viral. In fact, Victor himself abruptly appears at Yuuri's house and offers to be his mentor. As one of his biggest fans, Yuuri eagerly accepts, kicking off his journey to make it back onto the world stage. But the competition is fierce, as the rising star from Russia, Yuri Plisetsky, is relentlessly determined to defeat Yuuri and win back Victor's tutelage.

My review!!!


The Anime can be watched on Crunchyroll, FUNimation, and MyAnimeList...

Crunchyroll: Yuri on Ice

FUNimation: Yuri on Ice
MyAnimeList: Yuri on Ice

So this is a love story that doesn't follow the norm with anime... It is really a very sweet and subtle romance between a coach who used to be a skater and his first ever pupil who idolizes him! Through most of the anime I wondered if Victor even noticed Yuri's interest or if Yuri even knew he was interested!

That is until this happened!


That is the only spoiler I'm giving!!! But Yuri is so surprised his eyes are buggin out of his head!!! I love this anime because it really approaches male gay relationships with an unheard of delicacy for anime.

If more people watch and learn from anime or manga like this one then maybe there would be less hate against gay men! I really hope this influences some of the younger generation in a positive way!

Speaking of positive... I'm positive if you read this far then you really do want to know the rating I gave this little gem!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
Yup a total easy score of 9 for this one... I think love stories in general are amazing but this one has a lot of moments that make you go "AWEEEEEE". Some would say it is just too sweet to watch but I think it's just sweet enough!

I really think I'm gonna end this review here... Hope you enjoyed it!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!!!
Hope you have a supernatural day!

No comments:

Post a Comment