6/17/20

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 6~17~2020


Spotlight Review
.
.
.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
The final hour of the popular virtual reality game Yggdrasil has come. However, Momonga, a powerful wizard and master of the dark guild Ainz Ooal Gown, decides to spend his last few moments in the game as the servers begin to shut down. To his surprise, despite the clock having struck midnight, Momonga is still fully conscious as his character and, moreover, the non-player characters appear to have developed personalities of their own!

Confronted with this abnormal situation, Momonga commands his loyal servants to help him investigate and take control of this new world, with the hopes of figuring out what has caused this development and if there may be others in the same predicament




My review!!!

The Anime can be watched here...

And you can buy season one here...

Amazon: Overlord

Now I'm very sure you've noticed that this is far more places to watch than I usually list... the truth is that I love this anime! I watched season one a long time ago with my son but I had no idea how far it's come!

Let me start by saying I'm not sure how many seasons are on some of the sites but I know that crunchyroll, hulu, and I believe FUNimation all have up to season 3. I have to grab my boy and watch season one all over again! Then we can continue with two and three!!!

For this review I refreshed my memory of the first five episodes but I will be watching those again with my son too. Yes I think it's that good an anime!

So basically it's an Isekai... well as far as I understand the term anyway. Our main character is all set to say goodbye to his beloved world but when he should be signed off he opens his eyes and finds not only is he still there but there isn't quite right either! For one, all the NPC he and his friends created are now moving on their own and... Surprise surprise... They are, for all intents and purposes, ALIVE! He keeps his cool though... and what follows...

Nah... watch it to find out!

You won'r regret it after all... But here is something I can tell you... The rating!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
10
.
.
.
Yup it got a 10! even though I'd watched part of it before I would have watched it again... Yes I'm talking about if it hadn't come up on the roulette! The art style is beautiful and the story is great.... each episode leaves you wanting to know what happens next... I think that even if they had a terrible ending for it I'd still be happy over all because of how good it is!

And on that note this review shall come to an end!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a magical, happy and healthy day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment