5/27/22

My life is a thing of wonder.... Part 1!


 It has now been a very long time since I wrote anything. A lot has happened to get me to this point. My family has grown because we adopted someone. The adoption was one that isn't in the range of normal since the "child" we adopted is already an adult! Yes, that really is a thing! It's been emotional and amazing, but most of all it has been an adjustment for all of us.

            Our newest son has gone from being the youngest in his foster family to being the oldest in his permanent family, affectively making my eldest resign from being the role model for his sisters. The pressure is off!!! Hehe.

            For me, things haven’t been that great. My physical and mental health has gotten worse. It has made it impossible for me to keep up with anything! After reading that line you are probably asking “then how is it a thing of wonder?!?!?!” It’s the discoveries I have made as I went through this terrible time in my life that make it a thing of wonder.

            While my weight went down during my Keto diet to 188lbs, I found that when I started trying to incorporate the things I needed for nutrition that were restricted or removed during the diet, my weight went right back up and past where I started. I got really discouraged by this and ended up eating my feelings which only made things worse. I was devastated when my knee started having trouble holding me without pain. I knew something had to change if I wanted to stay out of a wheelchair. All this weight gain was getting to me both physically and mentally.

            During this time I turned to Minecraft to keep my mind off everything. Thanx to Draven at ONLYDRAVEN GAMING and Kernal At Kernal_Gaming I found communities I could fit in with! I ended up a moderator for both channels and that helped my mental health so much and I really can’t thank them enough for the safe and friendly places to spend my time. I have made a few friends in them that were absolutely vital in my reaching where I am now! So consider this a shout out guys!!!

            So after my emotions calmed down I started paying attention to what I ate and when I ate it but most of all what the effect of my eating was on my weight. It took me just over 6 weeks to figure out when I should eat specific things. By this I mean what time of day. Now I eat and I am actually starting to lose weight again! But the best part is that I think I am starting to truly understand my metabolism! You have no idea how important that is when trying to lose weight in a way it won’t come back to haunt you!!! I learned that the hard way!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment