12/21/16

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 12~21~2016


Spotlight Review

.

.

Kimi to Boku
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
The high school students in Kimi to Boku. consider their school life to be anything but exciting. A repetitive journey through classes, arguments, and orientations for future careers that seem way too distant. But with the right group of friends, time can be made to move a little faster.

Four high school boys, who have known each other since childhood, hang out together in school every day. There's the handsome twins Yuuki and Yuuta Asaba, the gentle Shun Matsuoka, and the calm class head Kaname Tsukahara. Although they have become used to a lack of excitement in their lives, the addition of a new transfer student, Chizuru Tachibana, who is half German and half Japanese, may add a little more adventure to their routine. With his energetic personality and stories from a distant country, Chizuru may be able to light up the dull atmosphere of the group.


My review!!!

The Anime can be watched on Crunchyroll...


Here is what they had to say about it...

About the Show

"Friends since kindergarten and seemingly like blood brothers, You and Me follows the lives of Yuta and Yuki Asaba, Shun Matsuokan and Kaname Tsukahara; as well as transfer student Chizuru Tachibana who joins the circle of friends. Together we will watch as they laugh, dance, cry and share the memories of growing up together in everyday life.” 

Before I get to far into it let's look at the PV!


OK... Now that you have some idea of what the show is I will start my review!

It starts off with these four kids...


Yes I used pictures of them as kids for a reason... They were childhood friends and have managed to even be in the same High School... In the show we follow them through lots of things that happen to kids in high school as part of an anime... Like for example.. First love... Jealousy... And lets not forget meeting up with friends they had forgotten about meeting as kids!

Enter Straw-haired boy!

Yup that's him in the middle! He was a childhood friend the twins (bottom two) had met when they were little. He has a hard time getting them to remember him even though he remembers them! After a while he does get them to remember though... You have to watch to find out how because I'm not telling hehe.... 

Together along with their new friend and a few other new friends they go through their second year of high school. It is a cute story complete with a back story that is given to you by showing you flashbacks of their young lives... Even the teacher was part of the flash back... It hints at a lot of things too but I haven't finished the anime yet to know if any of those hinted things are going to show up for real yet... And there was a second season so I'm sure there was lots more to tell!

But... Now it's time to rate it

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
8
.
.
.
I am such a sucker for these slice of life style anime.... I feel like I get to go back to being in high school all over again every time I watch one! This one was really good at reminding me of things I went through that were similar to the things they went through... Like being teased and slightly bullied by someone who actually really liked me! It was fun to re-visit my school days through an anime and I recommend that if you want a chance to feel like you went back in time then this might be the anime for you! You won't know unless you watch though!


I'll just leave you with a shot of some of the halarity they go through ... Hope it got you curious!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Have an entertaining day!

No comments:

Post a Comment