2/15/17

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 2~15~2017



Spotlight Review

.

.
Jigoku Shoujo
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
Have you heard of Jigoku Tsuushin (Hell Correspondence)? Those with a powerful grudge may only access this mysterious website at midnight, allowing them to enter anyone's name and have that person be ferried straight to hell. Ai Enma, the Hell Girl, will not judge whether or not the chosen target deserves punishment; she will merely exact revenge on them for you, provided your pain or suffering move her. Not much is known about this young girl other than that she swiftly carries out her tasks with the help of three straw dolls. There is just one catch, however—as payment for carrying out such a request, the user must condemn themselves to an afterlife in hell.

My review!!!



The Anime's first season can be watched on GoGo anime...

I don't really use this site very often though it is still a good site to use. So here is what I know and what I have found out by watching the Anime...

First of all I watched the first 5 episodes and felt like it was really interesting... Although it has a repetitive feel to it, this anime really isn't repetitive. If you watch carefully you can pick up on small things that I think will make a big difference later. I'm told it is not as repetitive feeling after episode 7 and that by episode 22 it feels like its totally different... That puts this anime at the top of the list of "Late Starters" in my book.

Now I'm sure you noticed there are only 26 episodes right? I'm sure you are wondering how the heck a late starter is going to wrap up an anime in just 4 episodes without sucking huh? That is easy... There are two more seasons! Because of this they didn't have to answer everything so fast.

I haven't really found out why but the first season is super expensive... Here is the only link I could find to where you can buy it.

I didn't find it anywhere other than Amazon but you might have better luck... Especially if you know someone who can get to or who already is in Japan! Akihabara might have a much better deal!

Back to the review! So we basically meet Enma Ai (last name first) as she grants peoples revenge... I don't know who her grandmother is but it's kind of creepy that she is never seen and always heard... Plus what is the deal with that spider we keep seeing??? I said that the episodes seemed repetitive but really they were also very enthralling... You just couldn't look away as each story revealed itself. To think what kind of pain one must be in to pull the red thread knowing that it means you will never go to heaven!

Then there is the fact that although she does not judge I think Ai is having issues with some of the things she is doing... Her grandmother at one point said something like "you don't have a choice" which makes me wonder why she doesn't have a choice... So each new episode then became a clue hunt... Why is Ai doing this... What is her reason for it... And how is she?

I don't know how much I'll find out in the first season but I sure am going to keep watching it to see! As for the rest of the set... Here is what I found out.

You can also buy the other seasons on Amazon...

They are considerably cheaper than the fist season and I don't know why that is since they both have the same number of episodes as the first season. That aside... If you want to know more about them then here are the links to the MyAnimeList pages I found on them.

Now as if that wasn't enough looking into it... I was excited bye what I read enough that I went and found where you can watch them too!

Now to rate what I've already seen...

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
.

With all this information I think I should end the review... There was a lot to take in after all! I hope my research was helpful to you!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Have a Supernaturally exciting and terrifying day!

No comments:

Post a Comment