6/7/17

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 6~7~2017


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
Honoka Takamiya was perfectly happy with his completely average and normal life. His primary problem in life was the fact that he shared a school with the school's "Princess," Ayaka Kagari. Both girls and boys fawn over her which makes Honoka's life difficult since he rides the same bus as her in the morning and sits next to her in class. What's worse is that if he even idly interacts with her her fan club takes him out back and beats him up!

One day while taking out the trash he looks up to see a school building falling on top of him! He is saved at the very last moment by the very same beautiful girl, Ayaka, that he's never even had a full conversation with. She finally speaks to him, revealing that she's been protecting him in secret, but now that someone is attacking him directly she no longer needs to do it covertly.

It turns out that Ayaka is a fire witch and there are other witches in the world who want to capture Honoka and use him for the power that he possesses inside of him.




My review!!!


The Anime can be watched on Crunchyroll


About the Show

Takamiya Honoka is just an average student who just so happens to sit next to Kagari Ayaka, the "Princess" of the school, and has never said a word to her. However, one day when Takamiya's life is put in danger, Kagari arrives to his rescue dressed as a witch. It is revealed that Kagari is what is known as a Workshop Witch within the city and Takamiya is under her protection and shall henceforth protect him from any danger that ensues...

There are a few things that the two summories tell us and there are parts that they don't... Like how come Kagari is the one to protect Takamiya? And in the first interaction she calls him a specific thing..  How is a boy a princess? The anime is fast paced right out of the gate and you end up with so many questions by the fifth episode that it is almost impossible to walk away at that point!

I did end up watching most of it in one sitting... This anime has the "Hook" affect.... You know the one I'm talking about right? When you watch or read something and there are things happening that make you desperately want to know what is happening next or what the result of what already happened is! Yeah... That one! This anime has it sooo bad!

The characters in this anime also seem to be oddly connected... It seems like everyone is somehow in on the whole thing... There aren't really any "just because" characters who don't either have a back story or have a part to come! I think that surprised me... Usually when I watch an anime I find at least one character who is just kind of there. It was a nice change!

There is also a really unique link between the two main characters. I'm not sure how it happened yet because I haven't finished the anime yet but I am hopeful that they will let us all know at some point. I think it is cool the powers they gave to just the cape they wear too... One of  which is weight reduction!

I don't know about you but I would love a cape like that lol
But now it's time to move on to what you all have been waiting for..

Time to rate it!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "perfect-must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
10
.
.
.
I know I have given out almost no 10 ratings... This one is one that I don't even think a crappy ending would ruin... I don't know how else to put it at this point. I would watch it over and over again countless times no matter the ending because it is just that good to me!
With this I think I will end this review... I don't want to say anything else because there are so many things that could be said but would give away too much... You really just have to check it out for yourself to understand how it got the elusive 10 out of 10 rating!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Have a wonderus magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment