8/22/18

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 8~22~2018


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Manga
.

Synopsis
.
.
A vampire who lives in complete isolation, Ed, one day finds an abandoned child named Phil on a whim. From then on, they live together. Saying he loves Ed, Phil grows innocently emotionally attached to the vampire. Meanwhile Ed grows perplexed by the passions awakened in him by the human.


My review!!!

The manga this week can be found on MangaPark...

MangaPark: Suteneko no Ie Manga

So I have to admit this one was a bit of a struggle... Don't get me wrong though... It wasn't bad! The art was beautiful and the chapters weren't to long or to short. I just had trouble with it because of the story. Wait... That sounds wrong too... It wasn't that it was a bad story. There was good character development and backstory in there and the way each character thought about things and acted was great... I think it was just that it wasn't the way I saw a vampire acting in my head... It was too off the path from what I have come to know as normal vampire attitude and activities.

That being said, I think it was brilliant! How often can you find a new way to showcase a very old monster type?

Taking all the things I've said so far into place I'm going to rate it... Then we can talk more on my opinion after that!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
7
.
.
.
I bet you're wondering why this one only got a 7 if I had such high praise for it right? Over all it was a great manga but for me the biggest draw was having something I can relate to somehow that is big enough to make me want to read more and scour the internet for the next chapter (or buy it).... 

In this one I could relate to how the characters must have been feeling and I could understand how come they did things they did the way they did... But.... At this point in my life the story wasn't relate-able to me on a deep enough level that I felt drawn to read more. When I reached the 5th chapter I needed to read I was able to simply stop reading... And truth be told I've already started to forget things which meant looking it up again.

Now this doesn't mean that it isn't good.. It just wasn't what fits me at this time in my life... My taste changes as my life changes... Though there are some types of anime and manga that will always appeal to me!!!

That's all I think I am going to say today...

As always... Thanx for reading my reviews!
Hope you have an amazing and fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment