9/11/19

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 9~11~2019


Spotlight Review
.
.
.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
In September 1944, allied forces led by the 501st Joint Fighter Wing "Strike Witches" successfully eliminate the Neuroi threat from the skies of the Republic of Gallia, thus ensuring the security of western Europe. Taking advantage of this victory, allied forces begin a full-fledged push toward central and eastern Europe. From a base in Petersburg in the Empire of Orussia, the 502nd Joint Fighter Wing "Brave Witches," upon whom mankind has placed its hopes, flies with courage in the cold skies of eastern Europe.


My review!!!

The Anime can be watched here...

You can also buy it here...

FUNimation: Brave Witches

As you can see there are a few places to watch this one. It probably looks like I got the name wrong to some of you. That is... If you are familiar with the anime 'Strike Witches' it would. I assure you I have the names right. I will give one fact to prove it that doesn't give too much away.

The Strike Witches mention in their anime that there are other squads and name the Storm Witches at one point so it is possible to have both names but the clenching fact is this... The Strike Witches are the 501 squad while the Brave Witches are the 502 squad.

Now that this little detail is out of the way I can tell you what I think.

This sequel to the Witches World Series was very well thought out. I can picture it going in soooo many different directions... But the reason it's well thought out is because it mentions the strike witches a few times and even has a few.... Wait... That's too much detail. If you wanna know how the series is intertwined then I can only say you should watch both!

Go ahead... I can wait... but while I wait I'll reveal the rating!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
10
.
.
.
That's right... It got full marks! It's not easy to get full marks from me but this one managed it. The art was amazing with all the fast paced flying the witches do and I already told you how well the story was thought out.

I'd have to say for me there was only one flaw and since it was a personal choice and preference thing I couldn't use it to rate the anime. I'll tell you what it is so you are at least prepared for it if you haven't seen Strike witches.

In both anime the girls all have no pants... They run around in panties which isn't itself a problem. The problem for me is how sometimes there were up close shots of private areas while clothed. It doesn't sound bad but the way they are drawn at that moment is very much fan service. My 9 year old daughter actually noticed and asked why it kept happening. So yeah... Not for me but it might be something you would want to see or be warned about beforehand. So i'll end this review with this...

It is one that is worth watching if you can ignore the crotch shots. I find that everything else makes it easy to ignore it so I am going to be finishing the show! Hope that helps and that you enjoy!!!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a magical day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment