10/16/19

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 10~16~2019


Spotlight Review
.
.
.
.
Manga
.
Synopsis
.
.
During a routine journalism assignment, freelance photographer Akihito Takaba is captured by the mysterious Asami, a powerful leader in Japan's underworld society. Asami forces his captive to undergo a night of pleasure and pain never before imagined. Before long, the son of a powerful Chinese mafia boss also sets his sights upon Akihito, demanding the critical evidence he's photographed be turned over. The mafia boss though has other reason for taking Akihito.


My review!!!

The Manga can be read here...

This one was interesting to read... I actually ended up reading more than 5 chapters before writing this review. I thought it was going to be a set of stories but it isn't... There is a main story and then there are side stories too. It was like they were filler stories for while the main one was being approved.

That may not be the real reason but it's what I am going to go with. For all I know it could have been planned that way to make you keep buying the issues or volumes as they came out. If you wanted to know what was next you had to keep buying them because you never know when it would turn up with another chapter to the main story. Quite smart if that's what they were doing.

Again I have no proof of what method or reason the story was written like this but I have opinions. Now you know what those are. Since we got that all out of the way I should probably start reviewing the manga!

I found the story line to be interesting. I don't usually read ones like this but it wasn't a bad read. Also the art was in a different style than I'm used to! I really liked that change though. It was quite beautiful and each frame flowed into the next very nicely. The story isn't lacking either so it was a good fit.

With that in mind I will now let you know what I rated it...

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
8
.
.
.
I know... You want to know why it only got an 8 when I said all those wonderful things about it right? It wasn't because it was bad. It lost one point for the random stories that had nothing to do with anything in the main story. For me I like my manga to stay on track because I have a hard time following the story if there are other things that aren't part of the story also being introduced. I get stuck on trying to figure out how it all fits together and it takes me soooo much longer. It lost the other point because there were a few points in the story where it felt like there was stuff missing from the story. I can't tell if it felt that way because of the extra stories and my mind already being confused or if it really felt that way because of how it was written. Either way it was a good story over all. It never took me long to put pieces together when it was during the main story so I can't complain tooo much.

And I think that is enough information for you to take in... You should really check the manga out for yourself... If you choose to, then please let me know what you think of it! I'd love to hear from you!!!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment