8/12/20

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 8~12~2020


Spotlight Review
.
.
.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
Young detective Sonia Summers has been transferred to the outskirts of the port city Libra after stirring up trouble with her superiors. Libra is separated into two sectors—"the Upper", the center of wealth and politics, and "the Outside". The Outside is home to crime, corruption, and curious incidents involving monstrosities or youkai. Each case that Sonia works on seems to implicate the involvement of these mysterious creatures.

Sonia crosses paths with three peculiar humanoid youkai — Bem, Bela and Belo — who seek to protect humans and fight against the evil youkai that terrorize them. Living as "Youkai-Ningen," they are excluded by other youkai for their human-like lifestyles, and rejected and hurt by humans when they reveal their true forms.

Despite the hardships they face, these three Youkai-Ningen secretly live among humans, continuing to pursue their dreams of one day becoming human as well.


My review!!!

The Anime can be watched here...

While I'm quite sure there are other places you can watch this one I didn't bother looking for them. After all, FUNimation is a very reliable source. Not to mention that by watching it on FUNimation we can support the creators! Anyhow... Now that you know where to find the anime and the synopsis I should give you my opinion...Right? So shall we begin? Yup! Here we go!

The image above is of the main characters we follow from what I have seen. There is a real story in this one even though it almost feels like each episode is a standalone anime in itself. I have a feeling that as the show progresses they will be even more connected. All in all it has a feel like it was made in the time when the cartoon Pink Panther was popular. It's right down to the cheesy music selections that are found during the episodes. It was quite nostalgic!

The are was good and at some points it had that old feel to it as well. Although this is true it also had a modern feel in some points. Its a great blend of both worlds and I think it was something that was hard to pull off! I tip my hat to you creators for managing it so wonderfully! 

Anyway... Before I tell you anything about the image I think I should rate it.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
8
.
.
.
As the last thing I'm going to tell you before telling you about the image I want to say this. The two points it lost were only lost because I would have to watch the whole thing to be able to give it full points. By the 5th episode or chapter I can usually gauge if I would be ok with however it ends, if there was/wasn't a sequel, or if I had lots of questions I felt should have been answered before it ended. This is one of the rare ones that I could both see a sequel and see it ended well.. add that together along with the fact that I feel like each episode answers and creates the same amount of questions and I had to cut those scores in half.

Now you know where it came from!

As for the image... I don't know quite who the top most character is yet, the three in the middle are the main three we follow, and as far as the bottom 4 are concerned, I can only explain the basics. The first two are cops, with the girl being the one we follow the most. The one to her right is kind of like a scientist but is a bit... mad. The last one we have only just met and I really don't know if he is human or not but he is gutsy! Either that or he's an idiot! Not sure yet.

But yeah that is the basics of the anime... It's a good one that's for sure but I just have no idea how I personally feel about it. Would I recommend it? Yes... Wholeheartedly I would tell anyone who asked that they should watch it until at least episode 5 and then make their own opinion. I know it has me curious enough to keep going with it so I can see if it has a good ending.

If you decide to pick it up I'd be interested in what you thought if it! let me know in the comments! That's it for now, see you next time!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a pleasant day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment