3/29/17

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 3~29~2017


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.

Ohana Matsumae is an energetic and wild teenager residing in Tokyo with her carefree single mother. Abruptly, her mother decides to run away with her new boyfriend from debt collectors, forcing the young girl to fend for herself—as per her mother’s "rely only on yourself" philosophy—in rural Japan, where her cold grandmother runs a small inn. Driven to adapt to the tranquil lifestyle of the countryside, Ohana experiences and deals with the challenges of working as a maid, as well as meeting and making friends with enthralling people at her new school and the inn.


My review!!!


The Anime can be watched on Crunchyroll...

Crunchyroll: Hanasaku Iroha



I have found this anime listed as both Hanasaku Iroha and as Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home... I am not sure if this is just because it shows up as two different images or if it is because one is the second season of the other... Either way I watched what I believe is the first season and linked it above. I haven't finished the show as of right now... I write my reviews after 5 episodes or chapters so there is still stuff I don't know at the time... This way I don't give away anything that would ruin the ending for anyone interested in checking it out!

This particular anime really hit home with me on sooooo many levels... I can really see myself in Ohana's place... As a kid I really didn't rely on people that much and like her I had to learn how to... She has got an advantage over me though... She has people to help her to learn! It is a very nice slice of life style anime where for once we are not following a school setting... At least not at this point we aren't. Yes we do see her in school but that isn't the main setting... For this one it is an inn... Not just any in either... Her grandmother owns the inn... Though you wouldn't know they were related for how she treats Ohana... I think it might be an inn family thing since the other inn's owner's granddaughter seems to be treated the exact same way.

There are some really misleading images out there where they caught the anime at just the right moment to make it look bad... But really it isn't too bad... There was one place so far that I was thinking "Wow... Not something for kids" but it was all suggestive words and images Ohana came up with on her own while reading a draft of an erotic novel someone in the inn was writing.
For more details you will just have to watch the anime!

But now to rate it!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
8
.
.
.
I gave this one an 8 because I feel like it moves a bit slow right now... I don't quite have any idea where it is going to go either... It isn't a bad anime to watch but I wish I could have a better view of if this is a romance or if it is more of a coming of age trials type anime. It all fits under slice of life though... So it isn't like it doesn't have a story line... It's just one I have a harder time figuring out until around the last episode or so... But that makes it sooooo much more fun if you ask me!

I'll end this here since I feel like that is a good note to end on...

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Have a family fun adventurous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment