12/6/17

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 12~6~2017


Spotlight Review
.
.
.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
Out in the countryside stands a sweet shop run by the Shikada family for nine generations: Shikada Dagashi, a small business selling traditional Japanese candy. However, despite his father's pleas, Kokonotsu Shikada, an aspiring manga artist, adamantly refuses to inherit the family business.

However, this may start to change with the arrival of the eccentric Hotaru Shidare. Hotaru is in search of Kokonotsu's father, with the goal of bringing him back to work for her family's company, Shidare Corporation, a world famous sweets manufacturer. Although the senior Shikada initially refuses, he states that he will change his mind on one condition: if Hotaru can convince Kokonotsu to take over the family shop. And so begins Hotaru's mission to enlighten the boy on the true joy of delicious and nostalgic dagashi!

 
 
My review!!!

 The Anime can be watched on FUNimation...

To start with... Some people can watch this one on Crunchyroll as well but it is restricted in my area on their site. Probably because FUimation has the rights for airing it here. So if you can't watch FUNimation I'd try Crunchyroll.

Now to get down to business!

So yeah I REALLY don't know what to make of this anime!!! I thought it was about a girl from a rival candy store trying to get the master of another store to join their business by making the son take over for the dad... That would in turn free the dad up to join her father's company like he wants... but it is so much more than that and I didn't even notice!

Not at first anyhow... The thing is... While she is trying to get young Kokonotsu to realize he like dagashi she is spouting off all these facts in this completely crazy manor... It gets so hard to follow sometimes!!!

I think that the only one of the main characters we see that hasn't said the equivalent of I'm lost is the dad and he is just as crazy as she is when it comes to talking about the dang Dagashi! At one point the two of them make it sound like a drug deal!!! I am constantly scratching my head thing what the heck are they talking about!!! I'm almost 100% sure you will be too!

However... That is where the appeal is! I want to watch more to see what crazy things she will come up with next and what facts are thrown in to it... Not to mention I really want to look up some of these facts and see if they are true! So that is the second so much more that I was talking about...

It may actually be teaching you random things about a traditional sweet!!!

It's completely crazy to think you could learn about candy through an anime is what I used to think.... Now I'm not so sure I was right! I'm not going to go into detail about the things she says or how she says them... Or even tell you any of the seemingly side stories she tells... I think you really need to watch it and experience it for yourself because I am not eccentric enough to do it any kind of justice at all!! You need to see the real deal!!!

Speaking of seeing... Lets see the result of my rating this one...

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
.
YUP.... 9 for this one too.... It can't get a 10 from me because I am so lost on it that I can't even begin to really say I get it... Not even a little! But it got a 9 because even though I am so utterly lost I am having fun watching it... It is almost like a comedy that could really be something that happens!

It's just crazy makin! And that crazy is what I love about it!!!

Anyhow... I think I will leave you with those thoughts because I know I want to go back to watching more of it... I wanna laugh!!! So yeah!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a delicious day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment