12/27/17

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 12~27~2017


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Manga
.
Synopsis
.
.

After being told that his dad passed away, Souichirou came back to the house which was his home eight years ago, and there he found out about the existence of his two older brothers, the eldest, Masato, and the younger, Kaname.

In order to receive rights to the house, Souichirou has to live together with them, and despite the chaos and arguments, it's fine by Souichirou if it means he can get the house. But one day, he accidentally sees Masato kissing Kaname...
It’s Souichirou’s trouble & love comedy!!


You can read the manga here...


(Sorry it is so blurry)

My review!!!

Let me start with saying something about the obvious!... The tittle isn't as obvious as you would think. This is NOT actually an incest story!


Now that we have that out of the way... We can go into why it's not and what I thought... Basically in the beginning we have no idea... In fact we don't figure it out for a while. It seems that their dad adopted Masato and Kaname making Souichirou his only blood relative. But Souishirou doesn't know this because he didn't live with his dad. But that doesn't explain why he saw Masato kiss Kaname now does it??? Nope... Not at all!!!

There is a good reason for it but I am not going to tell you exactly what it is because that would be giving away a huge part of the plot! I've read this one before though so I can say it's very interesting how it all plays out. I think the best part about it would have to be that it perfectly illustrates how there can be more than one solution to a problem and looking at it in a different way may just be how you find the other solutions that weren't so obvious.

There is also a need to figure out why the solution was needed in the first place... Once we know what part of the situation is and we know how Masato has been dealing with it we have to wonder why it ended up this way in the first place... And the Mangaka provides the answer at just the right time in the story!

I seriously don't think it could have worked this well if it was even a chapter earlier or later to be completely honest. You really needed to at a certain curiosity level for the reasoning to come off as acceptable. I mean it is almost like... Wait... Saying that would give it away! I almost slipped up there!

So anyways... It is not meant to hurt Kaname in any way... It's not forced or anything like that... In fact Kaname seeks out Masato at one point making it seem like he is an addict and Masoto is the drug! Poor Souichirou has no idea what the hell is going on when he catches them though. He gets so confused because at that time he didn't know they were not blood related.

I remember reading him saying "So they are in this kind of relationship" and thinking to myself... Well yeah... That's what it looks like to me too! I should have known though... Every time I think "Wow an actual incest one" it turns out not to be. Not that it's a bad thing that they aren't but I should have known it really wasn't... But watch... Now that I've said this I will actually find one!
That is obviously my luck after all!

Speaking of Obvious... Let's look at the rating I gave since that should also be obvious! After all I've read it more than once right???

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
.
Yup see it was very obvious!


I really did like this one... It had an element to it that I really wasn't expecting so that made it worth it for me. I don't think this story would have worked any other way! Just my feelings on it though... That's all for now!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment