1/31/18

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 1~31~2018


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
After being brutally murdered along with her family, Makina Hoshimura turns into a Shikabane Hime, a living corpse contracted to the Kougon Cult, in order to exert revenge on the mysterious undead organization responsible for her death. She is assisted in this task by Keisei Tagami, her contracted priest and former friend. This series follows the story of Keisei's younger brother Ouri, a boy with an unusual attraction to death, who slowly discovers his brother's secret and gets dragged into the world of the Shikabanes.




My review!!!



There is a second season where the name changes a little bit... The "Aka" becomes "Kuro" and it is said to pick up right at the end of the first season. I don't know much about this though since I haven't watched more than the first 5 episodes yet. And yes I said yet on purpose!

Let me start by saying this was one I thought I might like based on the fact it was kinda supernatural sounding... I like those kinds of things after all. But I wasn't expecting anything from it either so I figured it would be a safe bet that even if I didn't fall in love with it I would be at least entertained by it!

I was wrong and I was right all at the same time!

I was wrong because I didn't think it would captivate me in any way but I fell in love with how the little brother handles everything... Not to mention his over all personality was so different from his "brother" that it is so comical to watch them interact! I don't know how he does it without hating that guy! lol

Speaking of not hating... Let's look at the rating!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
.
So basically this one got an almost perfect rating because it is such an interesting story line hidden under what looks like just fighting. The story looks like it would be just about the priests using dead to fight dead but there is a hidden story if you look closely at what happens in each episode! Well... That is to say... I found a second story. I don't know if it was intentional or not but it was there... You should check it out and see if you can find it too!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a wonderfully mixed up day!

No comments:

Post a Comment