3/28/18

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 3~28~2018


Spotlight Review

.

.
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
Although her name means "snow white," Shirayuki is a cheerful, red-haired girl living in the country of Tanbarun who works diligently as an apothecary at her herbal shop. Her life changes drastically when she is noticed by the silly prince of Tanbarun, Prince Raji, who then tries to force her to become his concubine. Unwilling to give up her freedom, Shirayuki cuts her long red hair and escapes into the forest, where she is rescued from Raji by Zen Wistalia, the second prince of a neighboring country, and his two aides. Hoping to repay her debt to the trio someday, Shirayuki sets her sights on pursuing a career as the court herbalist in Zen's country, Clarines.

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime depicts Shirayuki's journey toward a new life at the royal palace of Clarines, as well as Zen's endeavor to become a prince worthy of his title. As loyal friendships are forged and deadly enemies formed, Shirayuki and Zen slowly learn to support each other as they walk their own paths.



My review!!!


You can find this anime on...

Funimation: Snow White with the Red Hair

So when I read this title I instantly thought of Disney's Snow White... How many of you just did the same thing... It's easy to see why when it's kinda in the name... It made me feel like I was gonna watch an anime style snow white but have her have red hair... Now mind you this was all before I read anything describing it other than the name!

To be honest I couldn't have been farther from the truth! I think the only think I have seen so far that is like Disney's snow white is that crony line the witch asked the mirror and the fact someone eats a poisoned apple.... But even those are somewhat different...

****SPOILER ALERT****

So the thing is I really have to say something about the first prince we meet... Everything in me dislikes this guy... he tries to force Shirayuki into something so awful and then gets mad at her for running away... AND HE IS SO STUPID!!! He is our evil queen if I had to label him! Now for the spoiler and why he is so stupid.... You learn this right away so it isn't tooooo big a spoiler.... Our first glimpse of him is as he is saying the iconic Mirror Line... To which an attendant tells him that he isn't talking to a mirror but is talking to an informant. Our dear prince says "He's telling me what he saw so that's basically the say thing" or something like that.... He really said a person was the same as a talking mirror!!!! Really?!?!?! Even the informant seems dumbfounded at that!

OK... Now that I got that off my chest I can continue! I really did like this one... It was not what I expected but is something entirely new... I can't wait to see what other things from Disney's Snow White they add in as the episodes move on... Maybe we should start a game of "name the Disney plots used" or something like that... It might be fun! Let me know what you think in the comments below! Until then I'll just move on....

Speaking of moving on... Let me give you that rating!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
.
Yes it got a high score... I love being surprised... Not to mention I like it enough I went back and started it over to watch with my little ones! It really is a great anime for the whole family to enjoy!

I think I'll end this here so that you have to go check it out to find out more... Once you start watching I think you will end up as hooked as I am!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a wonderfully day of discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment