6/5/19

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 6~5~2019


Spotlight Review
.
.
.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
In the year 5053, French aristocrats Viscount Albert de Morcerf and Baron Franz d'Epinay attend the festival of Carnival on the moon city of Luna. While Franz is just looking to have fun, Albert is seeking something more to fill his life—but he finds more than he bargained for in The Count of Monte Cristo, a mysterious and charming self-made nobleman who meets his gaze during an opera performance.

Through a few twists and turns, Albert befriends the Count and introduces him into French society. The Count, however, has more on his mind than just friendship; he plots to finally unleash his vengeance on those who wronged him years earlier. Gankutsuou follows Albert and the Count's intertwined destinies and the ultimate price paid for enacting revenge.


My review!!!

 The Anime can be watched here...

I started watching this one and the first thing I noticed was the unique way it was drawn. The way that it seems like the patterns aren't truly part of the anime but instead are just a background that you see through a clear part in the anime. It can make the watching of such a show kind of difficult at times. However it can also make the anime very interesting to watch.

If you get tired of watching anime that has a cartoon like feel then I think this kind of artwork is a good change of pace! Don't get me wrong... I think the other style is amazing too but sometimes I just want something different. I'm sure you can relate to what I'm saying so I'm not going to explain further.

But now that that is out of the way... Let's get the rating out of the way too!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
8
.
.
.
So I've already told you part of why it only got an 8... But to be truthful I think it's rude to say "only got" with such a high rating. It really is a good anime. I feel like it gets hard to follow at some points so it's not an anime for those who are just starting to dabble in watching. Between the colors, patterns and the style the characters are drawn in being unique, I feel this one would be hard to watch for someone who doesn't know the language. If you have to read the subtitles the patterns and colors are going to be distracting!

However... If you think you can handle the challenge I say you should check it out! It's a good one. The story is interesting and makes you really take a look at things in your life if you pay attention to it. I was thinking about a lot of things after watching just the first 5 episodes... I really need to find out how this story ends because it has me questioning life as I know it. How much do I really know? For that reason I am going to say this could fit the tag of being a psychological anime. There are so many things in it that make me think.

For that alone I would love it! and on that note I feel I should end this... Hopefully it was enough to make you want to check it out for yourself!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have an interesting and meaningful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment