11/6/19

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 11~6~2019


Spotlight Review
.
.
.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.

Kenka Banchou Otome - Girl Beats Boys, Hinako Nakayama has spent all of her life being raised in state-run orphanages, without ever knowing her family. As she's about to enter high school, Hinako is approached by Hikaru, a boy who claims to be her twin brother.

According to Hikaru, Hikaru and Hinako are the children of the head of the powerful Onigashima yakuza family, and Hikaru wants Hinako to switches places with him at Shishiku Academy, an all-boys school overrun with the nation's toughest delinquents. Can Hinako save her brother, find romance, and become the new boss of the school?


My review!!!

The Anime can be watched here...

Well... This one was a surprise... I found myself really getting into it even though the episodes are ridiculously short compared to most really good anime. But somehow it was really good! I don't usually get into any fighting based anything unless there is an aspect of it that catches my eye. This one had a whole gender-bender thing going for it but when I saw that the episodes were listed as being only 7 minutes long I lost hope.

I really thought it was going to be another lets chat like the  roommates anime I reviewed a while back. Boy was I in for a shock! It wasn't talking at the screen or corny phrases. I wasn't in first person and there actually was a story line!

Now that I've told you what it isn't I should tell you what it is... Let's start with what it's rated as... Because let's face it... That's what you really wanna know!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
.
Now for the reasons... The art was great.... There was a lot that went on in a short amount of time so the art had to great to be able to keep up with the story. Speaking of story... I have never seen an anime that could make a story that actually had a complete timeline and outcome with only 12 episodes that were each only 7 minutes long! I mean... I watched the whole series in less than two hours! So if you want a complete anime with a good story line that is actually short enough to fit in a busy schedule then you need this in your life!

And I do need it... This will be one I watch over and over again! The only reason I couldn't give it a 10 was because there was a HUGE unanswered question... Actually there were a few huge ones. The biggest three for me where...

1) What happens to our young lady?

I mean is she just going to stay pretending to be a guy or does she switch back at some point... and if she does switch back, when?

2) Do the main guys and her "brother" ever figure out she really is a girl?

I mean.... Let's face it... One of them knew at one point but by the end it seems like he doesn't anymore. So do they ever figure out the lie?

3) Are her and the real Hikaru actually family?

They look like they are twins so are they???? And if so then why was she in an orphanage... Does the older brother know??? Surely he knows she isn't acting right. There is no way you could fool family like that! Not unless you are also family that is. So if she is family... Why did they give her up?????

And now you see what I meant by so many unanswered questions!!! But since I don't have the answers I am going to leave this review here... If you know any of the answers please tell me cause I'm dying to know!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a surprisingly happy and fun day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment