11/13/19

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 11~13~2019

Spotlight Review
.
.
.

Ousama Game: Kigen
.
Manga
.
Synopsis
.
.

MyAnimeList says...

In the year 1977 in Yonaki Village, Kazunari Honda and Natsuko Honda—his cousin and girlfriend—live a peaceful life despite most of the other villagers not approving of their relationship. But soon, they will have more to worry about than the opinions of the townsfolk, as a mysterious black envelope appears and informs the villagers that they will be participating in the "King's Game." The rules state that the commands must be followed by the end of the day, and that no one is allowed to quit. With most viewing the appearance of the envelope as a joke, they soon realize that those who don't obey the orders will die.

As more villagers meet their demise, Kazunari and his friends realize they must play the terrible King's Game, all the while suspecting that someone in the village may be the King.

Crunchyroll Says...

"The King's orders are absolute. Fail to obey, and you will be punished." 30 years ago in the remote Yonaki Village, a black envelope is delivered to a single villager. The command inside threatens to draw the entire population into a terrible tragedy! Take a deep breath, steady your heart, and prepare for a shocking, terrifying survival horror adventure! The latest chapter in the wildly popular "King's Game: Origin" saga has begun. It all starts here! 



My review!!!

The Manga can be read here...

If you want to support the mangaka you can purchase the manga here...

Amazon: Kings Game: Origin

Now that all of that is out of the way I'll begin the review!

When I saw the image on this one I was very much so dreading reading it... I'm not going to lie... I do terrible when I read or watch something scary! The image made me think "blood bath" and It took me a while to work up the courage to read it. I know the Japanese have an amazing way of making things that shouldn't be scary feel very scary!!!

So after a lot of pep talking I started reading.

It wasn't as bad as I feared though so that was good. It was more like a suspense than a horror in my opinion. There was lots of blood shed but they had no idea why it was happening at first. By the end people were so crazy they would do anything to be among those that survived! But not all of them felt that way... Some of them gave up right at the end... It was sad... and the cliffhanger that leads you to search out the sequel is an amazing twist!

But before I say anything else I should give you the rating!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
10
.
.
.
That's right.... The elusive 10! To be honest I was pleasantly surprised at how this one rounded up all the loose ends and tied them off but still managed a cliffhanger into the next installment in the series... Genius!

The art was great... it was easy to follow and the expressions on faces gave you a sense of just how that character was feeling at that time in the manga! Add in the extremely well thought out story-line and I couldn't ask for a better manga to read! It was suspenseful and sad while having light and sweet moments.. Some of those moments became soured and some twisted.

Totally worth buying in my opinion!!! That's all I have to say about that now.. 

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a Healthy and Happy day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment