12/4/19

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 12~4~2019


Spotlight Review
.
.
.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
After death, there is no heaven or hell, only a bar that stands between reincarnation and oblivion. There the attendant will, one after another, challenge pairs of the recently deceased to a random game in which their fate of either ascending into reincarnation or falling into the void will be wagered. Whether it's bowling, darts, air hockey, or anything in between, each person's true nature will be revealed in a ghastly parade of death and memories, dancing to the whims of the bar's master. Welcome to Quindecim, where Decim, arbiter of the afterlife, awaits!

Death Parade expands upon the original one-shot intended to train young animators. It follows yet more people receiving judgment—until a strange, black-haired guest causes Decim to begin questioning his own rulings.


My review!!!

 The Anime can be watched here...

As you can see there are a couple of places you can watch this one... I recommend it too... It is a bit morbid because everyone is dead and you literally gamble with your fate... Or so it would seem at first!

Let's break it all down...

As I watched the episodes I realized they were just going where they deserved to be and were being kind of toyed with... At least that's what I felt was happening. Maybe toyed with is the wrong word. The problem is that it's games that bring out the persons true nature and the bartender is the one to decide if your true nature makes you deserving of living again or if you will disappear for all eternity into the void of no return!

Sounds scary right... But it's also kinda fair. Your own memories dictate if you will live again or not... The bartender just judges those memories. But what if they are wrong... Is it possible they could make a mistake?

This anime explores that possibility and it is interesting to watch how each case plays out.. Sometimes both get to live on... Sometimes it's just one... Any combination of Live and Disappear is possible here... So let's see how good the Death Parade stands against my rating system!!!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
8
.
.
.
That's right... It got an 8... And now I'll tell you why.

The art was wonderful... Very pleasing to the eye... The story was well thought out so I can't complain about that... sometimes the two who were being judged even knew each other. It was very good at seeming random too! I think my big problem was the concept... It's not that I didn't like it but that it is a controversial one for me. I am open to all beliefs on life and death but I never thought they would make an anime that would put that into view. Personally I don't feel that gambling your fate is a good way to show this either.

But then again... That's just my take on it... If you want to judge it for your self then please feel free to checkout the links above... If you love it and want to support the mangaka then please check this link out!

Amazon: Death Parade

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a happy and healthy day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment