12/18/19

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 12~18~2019


Spotlight Review
.
.
.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.

Nicholas Brown and Worick Arcangelo, known in the city of Ergastalum as the "Handymen," are mercenaries for hire who take on jobs no one else can handle. Contracted by powerful mob syndicates and police alike, the Handymen have to be ready and willing for anything. After completing the order of killing a local pimp, the Handymen add Alex Benedetto—a prostitute also designated for elimination—to their ranks to protect her from forces that want her gone from the decrepit hellhole of a city she has come to call home. However, this criminal’s paradise is undergoing a profound period of change that threatens to corrode the delicate balance of power.

Ergastalum was once a safe haven for "Twilights," super-human beings born as the result of a special drug but are now being hunted down by a fierce underground organization. This new threat is rising up to challenge everything the city stands for, and the Handymen will not be able to avoid this coming war.


My review!!!

The Anime can be watched here...

So this one was a bit of a handful. It seems it is restricted by country. I was lucky enough to find one of the above sites that let me watch it so I hope it will be that way for you guys too! Good Luck!

As for this review... I don't know how long the anime will be available for me to watch but I really wanna watch the whole thing. It isn't my usual style either... This one is so twisted but so good! It's definitely not a kid friendly one so if you have kids I recommend an after bedtime anime night to watch it.

It is a huge ball of violence, drugs, and sex work. You never know what kind of job these guys are going to have next! With all that going on you would think the story would be lacking but it isn't. There is this odd sense of mystery and nice way of gaining information about both the past and possible future outcomes. It doesn't feel out of place or forced. In fact it feels very natural!

So with that in mind I think you will understand this rating...

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
8
.
.
.
I took a point off for availability being limited if I'm being honest. If that wasn't the case it would probably have been a 9.

Like I said before, the story was great! But the art was just as good. It had that rough feel that gave the hard life feel to everything that was going on. I really couldn't ask for a better gang or violence based anime... And I'm really picky!

I hope you get the change to watch this one everyone!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have an entertaining day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment