1/3/18

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 1~3~2018


Spotlight Review
.
.
.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
Princess Yona lives a life of luxury and ease, completely sheltered from the problems of the seemingly peaceful Kingdom of Kouka; however, the sudden murder of the king and betrayal of her beloved cousin Su-won places Yona's life in mortal peril. Forced to escape only with Son Hak, who is both her childhood friend and bodyguard, the naïve princess soon discovers that Kouka is not the idyllic place she envisioned it to be. Poverty, strife, and corruption run rampant, making reclaiming the throne nothing more than a wishful fantasy given the kingdom's current state.

Based on the popular manga of the same name by Mizuho Kusanagi, Akatsuki no Yona follows Princess Yona on a coming-of-age adventure as she faces the harsh realities of her kingdom. With only a mysterious legend to guide her, Yona must discover a way to restore Kouka to its former glory while being pursued relentlessly by the forces of the new King of Kouka.



My review!!!

 The Anime can be watched on...

I have to say that when I started this one I really didn't think I was going to like it... It seemed Historical by the pictures I had seen. To clarify I had decided to look at pictures right before I started watching it. It was so easy to look at the pictures and form an opinion of 'Oh joy... history at it's best" and wish I hadn't actually gotten it in the roulette!

So here I am... About to start what I think is going to be a major bore of an anime... Dreading every second... But when it starts I am instantly caught up in the story... It was amazing on how fast I went from dread to wanting to watch it! I actually can't give you any spoilers for this one because I ended up watching all except the three ova that were made for it! Yup in one day I watched it all! I didn't even realize I had gone so crazy over it until there were no more episodes to watch! To top it off I had watched so intently I actually gave myself a migraine and didn't notice till I went to stand up!

Let me tell you it was a pleasant surprise for me!

I haven't had this happen in a while... Normally I don't loose myself in an anime unless it is one I have been waiting for the next episodes of for a long time! This is why I am so glad I decided to do the Roulette setup with my reviews... I never know what I'm going to find that I normally wouldn't look twice at but end up loving sooooo much! I am currently on the lookout for a site to watch the OVA on because they aren't on Crunchyroll or MyAnimeList. If you know where they can be found please let me know!

Speaking of letting me know... I should probably let you know my rating right!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
10
.
.
.
That's right.... The elusive 10!!! This is one I think I could watch a million times in a row and never get tired of it... Not many anime strike such a deep cord with me but this one did. The way she struggles with her feelings and with doing what is right over what her feelings want her to do... The pain she feels and the courage she shows... All of it make me want to watch her more and more.

I don't have time to watch it again today and I really don't want the migraine back just yet so I think I will save it for another day when I need a good me time session to just chill and loose myself!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have an adventurous, wonderful, and magical day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment