12/6/18

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 12~5~2018


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Anime
.

Synopsis
.
.
The great detective Holmes does not solve mysteries or use deductive reasoning. He does, however, hunt vampires. Using three-minute episodes, Vampire Holmes retells the story of the great Holmes and his assistant. What begins as an ordinary detective agency takes a turn for the occult when the Metropolitan Police of London secretly hire Holmes and Hudson to investigate vampires.

Or at least that's what Holmes would tell anyone who asks. In reality, he and Hudson spend most of their time sitting around arguing, and failing to solve any cases. Joined by the not-so-black, demon cat Kira, and their terrifying rent-hungry landlady, this is the story of the man who was most definitely not London's greatest detective.

My review!!!

The Anime can be watched on youtube...

I'm not going to give a link to this one because I have had a few issues when it comes to even being able to review it!

Lets start with the most obvious problem... Finding it! The site I originally found the title on shut down and I could NOT find it anywhere for a long time... Then I got lucky and found the first three episodes on YouTube. When that trail went cold I called it quits and started writing this post.

The episodes are 3 minutes long so it didn't take long to watch the three I found... There are supposed to be a total of 12 with the last few bringing everything together but I fear I will never know. If I am being honest I don't feel this one is worth the time since I spent so much time trying to find it and still have no idea what is happening in it because I didn't get to the point where anything made sense before I ran out of episodes to watch!

All in all I don't know if this is a fair review of this one or not... Who knows... It may just not be allowed in my country and because of that I can't review it properly... If you have seen all 12 please let me know what you think because I'd be interested to find out if it is worth another attempt at a hunt!

Speaking of hunt... I'm not going to make you hunt down my rating... here it is!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
3
.
.
.
Like I have said many times... This may be the most unfair review I have ever done... I'll at least explain why I gave it such a bad rating...

So each episode was way tooooo short for my liking... I don't mind the short ones if I have enough of them to fill at least a half hour... But this set of three I could find only took about 9 minutes to watch all of them.... I think it's a waste if it isn't at least 5 minutes each episode unless something epic happens in each episode... But I can't even say that about these ones... so it made the show take a major hit in the rating department... Then there is the fact that it doesn't make sense till much later in the show and there is always the chance the viewer won't be able to find all the episodes. That leaves them very confused making it even harder to give a good rating.... In total... The two biggest things for me didn't get met and that is why I only gave it a three.

Anyhow... I think I'll end this here... Check it out to see what I'm talkin about!
Oh and if you do check it out... Good luck finding it!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have an inquisitive and interesting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment