1/29/20

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 1~29~2020


Spotlight Review
.
.
.
Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyok
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
Ichirou Suzuki, a programmer nearing his thirties, is drowning in work. Worn out, he eventually has a chance to catch up on sleep, only to wake up and discover himself in a fantasy RPG world, which is mashed together from the games he was debugging in reality. In this new place, he realizes that not only has his appearance changed to a younger version of himself, but his name has also changed to Satou, a nickname he used while running beta tests on games.


However, before Satou can fully grasp his situation, an army of lizardmen launch an assault on him. Forced to cast a powerful spell in retaliation, Satou wipes them out completely and his level is boosted to 310, effectively maximizing his stats. Now, as a high-leveled adventurer armed with a plethora of skills and no way to return to reality, Satou sets out to explore this magical new world.


My review!!!

The Anime can be watched here...

I've watched a few Isekai this year alone so I really was curious to see how they would spin it to not feel like a knock off of any other one out there. For those of you that don't know what Isekai is I'll now post a Wikipidia quote!

"Isekai is the portal fantasy subgenre of Japanese light novels, manga, anime, and video games. Isekai works revolve around a normal person from Earth being transported to, reborn, or trapped in a parallel universe, usually a fantasy world. Wikipedia"

So I'm sure after reading that you can see why I was curious. What would the world be like and what would he run into or have to deal with. There are soooo many ways this could go. No matter how I think of it I find that it's equally good and bad opportunities that present themselves every episode. So the big question is did the anime take advantage of this?

Don't get me wrong... I know they have to basically follow the manga but that doesn't mean they can't add twists! The thing I still need to find out is "how close did it follow the manga" because I know I got sucked in watching this. Will I get sucked in just as much when I read it or will I get even more lost?

But before I get too lost I should tell you the rating it earned!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
.
Before you get down on me about why I didn't give it a 10 when I was just raving about how I got lost in it, Please let me explain. I only gave it a point off because I felt there was so much more to the story at the end of the last episode... Yes I got so sucked in I binge watched the whole thing. I was left wanting but in the way you feel you're crying and dying because you need it and it probably  won't end up being given a new season. I didn't look yet to see if it has one because I really will cry if there isn't one. I'll look someday when I get up the courage to face the possible incomplete total end and constant wondering what the answer to my questions are. 

As for I still say you should watch it though because they may already have more out but my chicken but can't be brave and look!

That's all for now I guess... I've raved and provided links for you to be able to figure out if you agree or disagree with my thoughts... Let me know in the comments K?!?!?

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a magical day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment