1/22/20

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 1~22~2020


Spotlight Review
.
.
.
.
Manga
.
Synopsis
.
.

Vampires walk among society, existing as part of its underbelly. They do not require blood to survive, but extreme emotions can immensely increase their bloodlust, turning them into uncontrollable monsters. Tsukasa Taira, a 22-year-old university student, learns of the existence of vampires when her longtime friend reveals himself to be one of them after a tense confrontation with Yuuki Anzai—a human and vampire hybrid.

Her friend is arrested, and Tsukasa soon finds herself drawn to Anzai, who reluctantly reciprocates her feelings. However, this unconventional romance may prove too difficult to maintain, as Anzai struggles to contain the part of him that wishes to devour Tsukasa.



My review!!!

The Manga can be read here...

So at first glance I bet you are all saying it's a Tokyo Ghoul knockoff.... But it actually isn't. The character in the image isn't just a one eye transformation. Though there is at least one devil that is like that, it isn't for anywhere near the same reason as in Tokyo Ghoul.

With that being said we can now start the
 review!

Forgive me though because I did get ahead of myself in telling you even that little bit of information. I believe you don't find that out until after chapter 5. Yup, that's right... This is another one I read past the right chapter before realizing it. I don't know if it's the love story or the oppression of a people that are fighting for their rights that drew me in but I got sucked in really fast!

The art style was a little different from what I usually see but it fit the story so well I hardly noticed anything.... It just felt natural to read. Not to mention the story flowed beautifully from one frame to the next so it was not only easy to follow it was also well thought out! Yes, I have high praise for this little hidden gem! So, let me now tell you what it scored...

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
.
So I really didn't say much about the actual manga yet huh? Well I can't say too much without giving away information that you should really only know by reading it.... I think one of the things I love most is how they don't need blood to survive but it can turn them into monsters... The question you should keep in mind is if this happens because they are vampires or because we control the blood flow making it hard for them to drink when they want... That is a HUGE clue into at least one vampires backstory but to figure out which one and what it means you really gatta read the manga... That's my last clue about it! Enjoy!!!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have an enlightening and fun day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment