8/30/17

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 8~30~2017


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
Money is power, and without it, life is meaningless. In a country whose economy is in shambles, second-year Economics university student Kimimaro Yoga understands this fact all too well, as he is surrounded by the relatively luxurious lives of his peers and struggling to make ends meet. However, his world is turned on its head when a stranger in a top hat arrives one late night at his door.

Going by the name Masakaki, the visitor petitions Yoga to come to the Eastern Financial District, a place where money flows in abundance if one offers their "future" as collateral. Although reluctant, greed triumphs reason and Yoga accepts the offer; thus, taking on the mantle of an "Entre." But unbeknownst to him, the land of wealth he has entered is an alternate realm built in the likeness of his own, where Entres are forced to participate in weekly duels called "Deals," with their collateral at stake. Pitted against his countrymen and fate, Yoga must quickly adapt in this new world if he hopes to protect his fortune and future—and discover just how much money is truly worth.



My review!!!



The Anime can be watched on Crunchyroll, MyAnimeList and FUNimation...
FUNimation: C - Control

I really didn't know what to think when I was watching this... At least... Not at first that is. By episode three I had decided it was one that had a lot of potential... By the end of episode 5 I really want to know what happens. It is just that good! I feel like there are still a lot of twists and turns that are headed my way... I mean... Come on... It's another dimension after all!

What I think got me the most is that the things that happen in this other dimension have an impact on the "real" world. A big loss of money in a deal could mean a company no longer exist... A bankruptcy in a deal could take your life or the lives of loved ones. There is really no end to the possible devastation that could happen because you lost money!


These two are the main character and his Asset... The asset is kind of like your partner in the financial district... That's the second realm where you fight your deals and change the world. To be honest thinking that sentence really made me want to start singing "It's the end of the world as we know it!" all of a sudden!

But... Back to the review!

No new pair starts out perfect... And they are no exception. By the 5th episode they have finally started facing that fact too... I wonder how their team will develop... I feel like there is more to this anime than just hinting at the importance of money in ones life... I feel like at some point I am gonna have one of those ah-ha moments where there is like this big secret to life thing or something like that... And to be honest... Yet again... I really can't wait to see what makes me feel that way and what message I find!

I think this one holds a special place in my heart because I have always been a bit crazy and thought there were other dimensions... I have also always thought that "deja vu" was the feeling you get because you did something the same in more than one of those dimensions... So it kinda hits home for me!

And on that note... Let's rate this little gem!

.On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...

.
.
.
10
.
.
It's not very often I find anything that follows even slightly with my own ideas... It was so nice to find this one because it means that I'm not the only one who has wondered if this was a thing or not. Maybe this is a bit more out there than mine but I don't feel alone anymore! I'm gonna end this review on this happy note... Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment