8/23/17

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 8~23~2017


Spotlight Review

.

.
.
Manga
.
Synopsis
.
.
High school student Koremitsu Akagi finds himself attending the funeral of Hikaru Mikado, who had died in an accident during Golden Week. He's not sure why he's there, as he only exchanged a few words with Hikaru at school.

However, Hikaru doesn't seem to be completely gone from the world, as he comes back as a ghost in order to fulfill a promise to Aoi Saotome, his fiancée. Since Koremitsu is the only one who can see him, he asks him to carry out his promise in his place.

Complying with his request, Koremitsu tries to fulfill Hikaru's promises to the rest of his "girlfriends," helping them overcome past misunderstandings and repair broken relationships. But the situation surrounding Hikaru's death is shrouded in mystery, as it's uncertain whether or not he truly died in an accident...

My review!!!


The manga this week can be found on MangaPark...


So at first sight I thought this was going to be about some prince who was probably named Hikaru... I hadn't read the synopsis yet so I had no clue he was dead or that he was haunting the actual main character... I read the standard 5 chapters I normally read for the review process... And... I have to say it seems to move slow but it gives a lot of info I think will be important as we read on. I like watching how the characters are developing relationships from a starting point too... Most of the manga I read have people knowing each other from a long time ago but so far the only long time relationship I see is one that wasn't a great one and was supposed to be a deep one.

But our ghost prince isn't all he was cracked up to be from what I can tell... Playboy? Pervert? Harem prince? Good guy? I just don't know anymore! I really think this is another one that I am going to have to finish because I am so curious about why someone he was supposed to spend the rest of his life with seems to hate him and every other girl is crying over his death... Yet he claims to have no friends just like the young man he is haunting into doing a favor.

By the end of the 5th chapter I think the pair has bombed out more than three times... And if I remember right there was a MAJOR blunder that happened too! I think I am going to let you read to figure out what it is though!

Speaking of finding out things... Let's find out what I rated this little gem!


On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
7
.
.
.
I only gave it a 7 because I have a hard time with stories that move slow... Even if there is a really good reason for the slow pace I tend to lose interest in it really easily. When I find out there is something really cool that happened in a manga that I lost interest in I get kind of aggravated that I stopped reading it! So I have to recommend that you read it through even if it seems slow!

That's all I can really think of to say about this one.. I will be finishing it because I think it has real potential to be a really good story and I would hate to miss out on it just because I thought it moved too slow.

As always... Thanx for reading my reviews!
Hope you have an interesting and fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment