3/23/16

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 3~23~2016

Spotlight Review

.

Fruits Basket

.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.
Tooru Honda is a 16-year-old orphaned girl who gets invited to live in the house of her classmate, the handsome boy Yuki Souma, and his cousins, 16-year-old Kyou and 27-year-old Shigure. However, these young men and parts of the rest of their family (both close and distant) hold a curse; if they are hugged by the opposite gender, they transform into animals of the Chinese zodiac. Everyday is an adventure for sweet Tooru, as she gets to know everyone in the large family better (especially Yuki and Kyou), in both common and bizarre situations. But, the Souma family curse is certainly no laughing matter... It also holds horrible cruelty and heartbreak.



My review!!!


The Anime This week was cute... I watched it on FUNimation so I'll share a link to their page for it.

FUNimation: Fruits Basket

And here is what they say about the show...


Story

The Sohma family is cursed. When a member of the family is embraced by a person of the opposite gender, they transform into an animal of the Chinese Zodiac! The Sohmas managed to keep the curse private for generations, but when a young girl stumbles upon their hidden secret, life at the Sohma house changes forever! Conflict erupts as Zodiac rivals clash in this most unusual household. Young Tohru Honda must promise the secret will remain her own... or face the consequences!


Lets meet the main cast shall we???

 
These are the Sohmas that Tohru ends up living with... Though for some reason Kyou is represented twice. Can you guess how? I'm not telling but you can find out from watching or reading the series! At first the Tohru was supposed to live there for just a short while... But due to some things that happened she ends up being able to go back. I'm not going to tell you the things that happened because that would spoil you watching it... I'm sure you don't want that now do you???

So with that being said I'll now get straight to the point!

Time to rate it

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "perfect-must-read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
7
.
.

.
I noticed within the first few episodes that this anime is LOADED with life advice... Which normally for me will ruin an anime... However it works in this one and makes everything go smoothly... Although sometimes it seems a bit long-winded so that is why it is only a 7. I definitely think it is worth watching even with that happening! Here as a little more incentive I will show you a picture of a few more of the Sohma family members that Tohru gets to meet!


Now doesn't that happy group make you want to know what they are like???

Alright I'm still not feeling well so I am going back to bed. Hope you enjoyed the review!

As always... Thanx for reading what I've written!!!

Have an amazing day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment