7/1/20

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 7~1~2020


Spotlight Review
.
.
.
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.

.
Some urban legends are best left untested! Yuuto Suou gets more than he bargained for when he joins his childhood friend Mitsuki Shimoya in testing out an urban legend. When he uses his phone to take a picture of himself with the local shrine's divine mirror, he is whisked off into another world—one heavily steeped in the lore of the old Norse myths.

Using his knowledge gained from school and from his solar-powered smartphone, he has the chance to bring the Wolf Clan, the same people who cared for him, to prominence, all while earning the adoration of a group of magic-wielding warrior maidens known as the Einherjar.


My review!!!

The Anime can be watched here...

Shall we begin now? This is a really interesting anime in that I didn't expect the story line to be what it was. The title is very misleading if you ask me. Now don't get me wrong... I'm sure it also fits if you look at it from an angle I wasn't. However, for me at least, it is misleading.

But I'll get into that in a moment... First lets talk technical!

In all my blog reviews I tell you about story and art... Here is where we do that for this one! So on an art stand point I can truly say it's great! As an artist I can fully appreciate the effort and skill it took to make this masterpiece come to life.

From a writers point of view I have to say the story is well thought out. I enjoyed it so much I finished the whole first season before writing this! It ended in a way that won't ruin anything if there isn't a season two while leaving an opening for a season two should they decide to make it!

This in itself is not an easy task!!!

Now for the easiest task I have... I'll rate it!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
9
.
.
.
I know... I know... I gave it such high marks so why is it getting only a 9? why not a 10? The answer is simple. It got a 9 because it left some things unanswered that I felt should have been answered! 

Let me spend a moment and explain this because I don't think I ever told you all how I come up with my ratings... Here is the scoring I use!

Art and Story each can earn 3 points. that leaves 4 of the 10 points in the 1 - 10 scoring I do. Those are split in half between Sequel and Questions. Now when I say Story and Art it's pretty easy to understand what I mean but Sequel and Questions aren't quite as simple.

Put simply, Sequel is for how easy I think it would be to make the ending flow into the next season, should there be one. Questions goes for my opinion of whether or not they answered everything that was important. 

Now it is extremely important you realize that I said it was my opinion... I know there are people who will disagree... That's why I don't tell you where an anime or manga lost points... Just opinions I have. Those that express things I didn't like aren't necessarily where the points were lost from!

So yeah, that's how I score things. The story was a surprise to me though.. I think this is the first Isekai I have seen where the person sent to another world has contact with... Umm wait... I should probably not give away the spoilers.


I think they agree.... Moving on!!!

I guess if you want to know what I was going to say you should check it out for yourself! It really is a great catch to add to your "I've watched" list!
Let's end this review here before I'm tempted to spill the beans!!!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a peaceful and connected day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment