11/11/15

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 11~11~2015

Spotlight Review

Skip Beat!

Manga

Synopsis

The story revolves around a young girl named Kyouko who went with her childhood friend, Shou, to Tokyo to pursue his dream of becoming an idol. Despite her supporting him, she overhears him dismissing her as a boring wallflower. Furious, Kyouko vows to get her revenge by defeating him in the entertainment world.



Now for my review!!!


The Manga this week was read on my tablet at MangaHere (this is the mobile link)... It's a bit slow at first... I usually only read chapters 1-5 for a review... But with this one I needed to go a bit farther into it, Since It seemed to move kinda slow int he first 5 chapters I figured I would read to chapter 10 and  then write this... but things picked up the pace after Kyouko got into LME as a "Love Me Section" member...

Kyouko in her Love me uniform with pics from her adventures behind her.

Yup she gets in because the president can't stop thinking about if he should just let her disappear... He ends up creating this section just for her and later adds talent that is missing that special something every person in this industry needs to have... They tell you what that is so I'm gonna leave that to them..... They explain it great!

I've introduced Kyouko to you so now lets introduce her original love that she gave up everything to follow to Tokyo... Here is Sho...


That's right... This rockin bad boy had Kyouko's heart for a long time... too bad he loses it!

Then along comes Sho's biggest rival... Ren Tsuruga. Will he catch her broken heart?


Right now it's hard to say since he is nothing but a ball of confusing reactions to Kyouko... But she does see good things and good sides to him later on...

I ended up reading to chapter 25 and plan to keep going... This Manga is very captivating once it starts going.. Kyouko is somewhat of a mystery herself and as we go we learn more and more about her and her life with Sho... we also learn a few secrets about Ren too...

There are many other charecters that Kyouko meets and that are important to the story but you have to read it to find out more... here is a link to the books at Barnes & Noble

 Skip Beat! (3-in-1 Edition), Volume 1

Personally I recommend getting the 3-in-1 edition and if you have a nook book you can save even more money on the sets! I haven't looked to see if it is available on kindle yet but I plan to! I'm lovin this series!!! I read that it is also an Anime... Maybe that will turn up as a review sometime too!


Now to rate it.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "perfect-must read" rating I give this..
.
.
.
10
.
.
.

That's right!!! The elusive 10!!! This manga has everything I want.. Romance... Fights... Emotions that get confusing... And best of all... It's LOADED with secrets we get to  find out over time!!! It's engaging and funny at times... and so emotional at other... There is just nothing I can think to say bad about it!!! So it is definitely a must read!!!

Hope you all enjoyed this Manga Spotlight Review!!!

Have a great day!!!

Oh... Don't forget to leave me a comment about what Manga you want me to review next!

No comments:

Post a Comment