3/28/20

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Anime 3~11~2020



Spotlight Review
.
.
.
Kochoki
.
Anime
.
Synopsis
.
.

The series is a historical drama aesthetically and boldly adapting the life of Oda Nobunaga in his teens up to his time as a warlord against his brother, Nobuyuki.

That's all that MyAnimeList has to say about it but let's look at another source before diving into the review shall we? Anime-Planet has this to say...


The fearsome warlord, the demonic king—Oda Nobunaga! Before he was trying to rule over Japan, he was a teenager who began his path to greatness with his younger brother and faithful followers. Through succession, betrayal, battles, and bonds between one another, the struggles these boys face promise a future where they can blossom into powerful men.

Now that we have a bit more information I think we are ready to begin!


My review!!!

The Anime can be watched here...

While I'm sure there are other places to watch this I think I'll only list this one. I'd rather talk about how surprised I am with the anime than where to watch it after all... And so let us begin!

I am NOT one for historical anything unless I go searching for the information myself... That being said, I'm sure you can imagine the dread I had when I found out this was one of those anime that was based on history!

Oh my goddess I wish it wasn't history was all I kept thinking!

BUT.... and yes that is a big but... I also thought about how it was for my readers so I needed to at least review the 5... Then I could stop. Yup I was dreading it that much. I was in for a surprise.

I didn't want to know all this history but as I watched the anime I found that I was surprisingly drawn to it. Each one ended leaving me wondering what was going to happen next. What new thing am I going to find out about Nogunaga? In the end I couldn't tell you how much of this anime is fact and how much is the animator and mangaka trying to make it sell-able.

And, if we are being honest... I don't really care!

It was so fun to watch that I don't want to ruin it by finding out the difference between the history and the added parts. It's amazing like this and I think it's a great way to get some interesting information out to kids in a way they would find fun. You just have to make sure to tell them they need to learn the facts too. It wouldn't do to rewrite history after all.

Well not outside an anime or manga anyhow....

And on that note I should share with you this ones score...

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Watch" rating I give this...
.
.
.
10
.
.
.
So the reason this one got the elusive 10 is because the art was beautiful and the story was enough to capture even me... As someone who hates learning history this is HUGE! So you really should check it out...

Who knows, maybe you will learn something without knowing it!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a meaningful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment