3/21/20

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 2~19~2020


Spotlight Review
.
.
.
Scent of a Witch
.
Manga
.
Synopsis
.
.
Beyond the borders of the kingdom of Yarke, is the blighted land of Uren. Peasants and nobility listen with open ears as travelers recount tales of witchcraft under the moonlight. As tensions mount, the third prince of Yarke travels outside of his kingdom under a full moon only to encounter a beautiful woman. While the prince is charmed by her graceful appearance, she isn't all that he seems.


My review!!!

The Manga can be read here...

I'm sure you've noticed that the site I used for the title and for the synopsis this time isn't MyAnimeList. I couldn't find it on there so I used Baka-Updates. This might happen from time to time but I hope you all find it just as good as before! Now lets get the review going!!!

I really wasn't sure what I was going to think of this one. The title is a bit odd to me. Probably since I'm Pagan, but still. When I read it all I could think of is discrimination. This could also be because myself and one of my daughters are going through some discrimination for being witches right now. So unfortunately I was sure I was going to hate this one.

Oh Boy... Right?

Not quite... I ended up getting to 23 out of over 50 chapters before I realized I hadn't written the review! It is actually a love story... Yup... Imagine my surprise! I was like wait... huh??? Don't get me wrong... There is still discrimination and stereotypes to deal with but ultimately it's about forbidden love between a few people. Not all the people seek their lover the right way either... If rape bothers you then I would say you don't want to read this.

There is one straight up rape in it and a lot of the "you have to cause I'm royal" acts to deal with. It's crazy at times too. But the art is good and the story makes a lot of sense. I feel bad for our main witch... he... yes he... lost his.... um you know what.. If you wanna know what he lost then you really should go check it out! I think it's worth investigating!

And you should also investigate my rating for this lil' gem!

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "Perfect-Must-Read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
7
.
.
.
It got a 7 because even though the story is good as a whole, there are times when it gets hard to follow. And there are times when the art gets a tiny bit confusing. I really wanted to give it a higher rating because as a whole it is very captivating and you can't help but want to know what happens next!

I can't wait to read more of it so I'm gonna go and read a few more chapters while I still can! Hope you check it out!!

As always... Thanx for reading my review!
Hope you have a love filled day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment