10/5/16

Spotlight Review Wednesday: Manga 10~5~2016


Spotlight Review

.

.
Blue Spring Ride
.
Manga
.
Synopsis
.
.
Yoshioka Futaba has a few reasons why she wants to "reset" her image and life as a new high school student. Because she's cute, she was ostracized by her female friends in junior high, and because of a misunderstanding, she couldn't get her feeling across to the one boy she has always liked, Tanaka-kun.

Now in high school, she is determined to be as unladylike as possible so that her friends won't be jealous of her. While living her life this way contentedly, she meets Tanaka-kun again, but he now goes under the name of Mabuchi Kou. He tells her that he felt the same way as she did when they were younger, but now things can never be the same again. Will Futaba be able to continue her love that never even started from three years ago?

My review!!!

The manga this week can be found on MangaPark...

MangaPark: Ao Haru Ride


Look at those faces... doesn't it just draw you in??? When I first saw them I wanted to know what kind of relationship they had... Good friends maybe... Or could they be the two lovebirds with no start to the romance as it said in the synopsis...

And to be honest... At first I felt this manga was a let down....

Yup I said it... I thought it was just another silly romance that had a cliche theme and typical story line... But as I read the 5 chapters I read for the reviews something happened! Even though it was typical... it was also different... The beautiful way the characters were drawn and the way they said things were so in sync that I got lost in the story... I started to fall for our young Kou and really feel bad for Futaba as she tried and failed to change once again...

I was very surprised that by the end of the fifth chapter I read I didn't want to stop! Kou was drawn with some really hot looks and that definitely kept my interest when things seemed a bit slow... And he has quite the cute side to him it seems... But he can also be quite cold... I wonder if we find out why as the chapters progress.... I couldn't wait to find out!

I also love the fact that the author wrote to us saying that even they didn't know everything about the characters yet! This to me made me feel like it was new discoveries we were making along with the author and somehow made me feel more toward the characters.... It was probably a writing trick but for me it definitely worked! I was hooked and I didn't even know it yet!

Now on this note I think it is a good time to rate it

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being a "perfect-must-read" rating I give this...
.
.
.
7
.
.
.
I think I would have given this one a bit higher if it wasn't so typical in the beginning... It wasn't that fun to feel like I was going to know the end before I even got past the first chapter... But like I said... something about how it was written changed that... I really did get drawn into it...

I got drawn in enough that when I am done writing this I fully plan to go back to reading this.. It's surprising me how many of the manga I thought I wouldn't like I am actually ending up loving!

I hope I've made you at least a little bit curious about this manga... It really is a good read even though it starts out slow... You should really check it out!

As always... Thanx for reading what I wrote!
Have a romantic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment